35

Did I write this chapter in an hour? Yes. Have I read through this chapter? Once. Have I edited this chapter? NopeBut as I sent my first research paper to my professor last night, I knew I had to give you guys something to read today.

As much as I am a perfectionist with my work, I know that you guys have been waiting for just under 2 weeks for an update so I'm publishing this. We're getting closer to a scene that I'm so excited to start writing so for now, forgive any grammatical mistakes and enjoy the chapter because neo (nina+leo) is making a comeback. 

<3

The lights in the base were flickering on and off as Nina and Fitz followed May through the hallways. After the initial blackout, May had been quick to find the pair and ordered them to stick by her. She hadn't explicitly told either of them what was going on but with the way her eyes darted at every corner of every room they passed by, Nina knew it was bad.

"It's us," May said as Coulson rounded a corner with his gun up. Fitz threw his hands up at the sight of the weapon, May and Nina calmly following suit, "I found them."

"Talk to me," the director said as he lowered his gun and they lowered their hands.

"It's Bobbi," May stated and Nina snapped her head towards the specialist, shocked.

"Bobbi? Is she okay?" Nina asked as immediate worry settled into her body. The worse case scenarios ran through her head and she gulped slightly when her mind decided to display an image of the lifeless agent.

May didn't look at Nina, and her worry slowly faded away she realised concern was not the correct reaction to the situation.

"She set off some kind of EMP. She's gone," May stated and Nina found herself clenching her fists.

At first, Nina hadn't thought the cause of the lights going out was one of them. Especially someone like Bobbi, someone who'd literally been her family at one point.

"Mack, too," Coulson added and it was now Fitz's turn to react poorly. He looked down, sadness quickly flooding into his face while Nina inhaled sharply.

"He embedded a scanner into little Lola's engine," Fitz said, "it was programmed to find anything with vibranium."

"That's how Bobbi knew where to look," May said while Coulson allowed his confusion to show, "she has Fury's Toolbox."

That was all Coulson needed to hear before he turned to the guards behind him and ordered them to find her. As they ran off in all directions Fitz spoke, also making a move to leave.

"We can't let them escape," he said.

"We won't," the director confirmed at the same time Nina grabbed Fitz's arm before he got too far.

"Leo, where are you going?" Nina asked.

"The server room, I'm going to initiate a manual lockdown," he told her confused when he was met with her shaking her head.

"Not by yourself," Nina refused, "Bobbi's a skilled fighter and Mack's built like a tank. If you run into them, they will crush you."

"I don't really have a choice," Fitz said softly, though he did smile at her concern. He cupped her hand, which still had his arm in a tight grip before saying, "I'm not a fighter so actively looking for them isn't my best bet. The best I can do is make it hard for them to leave. I'll be okay, I promise."