60

I am so sorry for how late this chapter is, let's just say... 2023 is officially the year of what could go wrong will go wrong and it is slowly killing me.

There is some Spanish in this chapter, I don't speak the language so it is straight from google translate, feel free to correct the inevitable mistakes. But the technicalities aside, please enjoy Neo's overdue date.

*

Nina thought Fitz was joking when he said he was taking her on a date to a different state. It was, however, very clear that he wasn't when he'd gone off to change out of his SHIELD uniform and told her to meet him in the Quinjet in half an hour.

Now Nina wasn't the type to get nervous over a date but she couldn't help but feel just that as she was left alone in her bunk.

Had the date been in a random room in the Playground she wouldn't have been nearly as bothered but this was New York City, one of the places she'd been raised.

It was an intimate city to her, one full of memories of starting over and falling in love with life once again.

Where she had been born in Miami, New York City was more of a home to her and the idea of bringing a boyfriend there was terrifying. Mainly because she was something of a celebrity in the city, thanks to Tony.

The pair wouldn't be able to walk two blocks without pictures of them circling the internet.

"Fuck," Nina said after a few minutes of staring into her closet. She didn't know what to wear, so she grabbed her phone and thought about who to call for help.

Elijah was the first person that came to mind, him being the one to help her when they were younger but he'd sent her a text a few days ago, informing her that he'd be unreachable for a while. Simmons was her second choice but the biochemist was preoccupied with the inhaul from the ship and Nina didn't feel okay with pulling her away from that, so naturally she focused on her third option, Skye.

Skye wouldn't be too busy with anything, Nina knew Coulson had promised to put Cal through Tahiti but that wasn't scheduled until a few days later. So Nina swallowed her pride and sent out an SOS, not at all expecting Skye to barrel through her bunk doors holding two large duffel bags, not even 5 minutes later.

"Your wardrobe looks like Tim Burton threw up in it," she said, skipping the pleasantries as the door shut behind her and the bags dropped to the floor, "I brought some of my stuff, we're about the same size so it should all fit."

The cheery, almost intimidating, look on Skye's face almost made Nina change her mind about the assist but she didn't get the chance to voice her concerns before the bags were open and various types of garments were pulled out. Each item of clothing came with a vivid description from the hacker so Nina decided to just let it be, not wanting to ruin her fun.

How could she, when this was the happiest Nina had heard her all year?

"The same size?" Nina asked teasingly as she looked down at her arms. Skye rolled her eyes before grinning playfully.

"Yes, minus your insanely muscular arms," she said, reaching out and cupping her upper arm with her hand, "I swear you could rival Mack."

Nina just laughed softly before Skye let her go and crouched down in front of the pile of clothes she'd pulled out from the bag, "so, do you have a specific style you wanna go for?"

"Casual and comfortable," Nina said without missing a beat, Skye gave her a look and before she could say anything Nina added, "this is Fitz and I we're talking about. He knows me a little too well to take me anywhere where I have to be in a tight-ass dress and heels."