1

SHARP AND GRUMPY

SHARP AND GRUMPY

Blood was dripping from the sharp of the blade, painting the wooden floor in crimson red. Her breath was heavy, almost shaking out of tiring, but her body was steady as well as her grip firm on the cursed weapon.

Hair was sticking down to her forehead as sweat rolled down her temples. Her vision was blurry due to the intoxicated air that surrounded her, but she was not even close to backing out or ready to lose the fight.

"Watch out!" a desperate screamed made her act quickly

With a slash of her katana, the man was on the floor, his liver laying by his side as his insides were falling from his body, the fresh and deep cut splashing more and more liquid on the floor, as well as on her clothes and body.

The stinging smell and the iron taste didn't bother her anymore. She got used to it, to all of it. Not even the screams, the gory images or the tripping guilt that once took over her mind was able to shaken her up. She was simply executing her job with no further questions.

"It's done, there doesn't seem to be a single one left" the masculine voice assured her of her victory

Finally she felt able to breathe, able to relax her muscles and let her katana fall from the tight grasp of her fingers.

"We need to head back, I hear he was calling for you"a small pat on her shoulder was enough to put her right back on tracks

Whenever he sent her away on a mission or called for her, she had to go or come right away. She wasn't her own to decide if she would do it or not, she dedicated her whole life to the one simple task a sorcerer could have, killing curses. Or if it was her case, killing those who were getting in the way.

Her cursed energy was weak, weaker than it was when she first learned about it and tried to work on it. She knew she had no chance of becoming strong enough when it came to cursed techniques, so the only solution was to focus on physical strength. Her ability to see curses was enough to make her a sorcerer, if she could handle a cursed weapon, then she was just as good as any cursed technique user.

"I heard he wants you to go to Tokyo. Something to do with a child" her partner was surely talkative today

Just like any other day, she was not up for a conversation. She would much rather be back in her room or in some motel, enjoying whatever booze she could find.

"You're no fun" the man sighed "You used to be so nice, I almost feared you would die on your first day.You had such a cute face and looked so pretty with that bright smile...now you're like a gloomy old man. Cheer up Y/N, you're only 25" he went on and on pissing the woman off

"If you don't shut up, I'll cut your tongue off" she growled as she made her way inside the old fashioned house

Walking through all the rooms till she finally found him. The grey haired man who was sipping on some sake while they were out there, bathing in blood and doing his dirty jobs. But it was fine, after all sorcerers were the good guys, right?

"Ah, you're here child" he said as he noticed her presence "I assume you have taken care of it"

She nodded her head in a 'yes' as she watched him smile brightly, as if she went out to pick flowers, not kill people.

"You're always so obedient, that's what I like about you. I can trust you, that's something rare to find in someone" he poured himself another cup "Go to Tokyo"

She hasn't been to Tokyo ever since she came here, to Osaka. She was usually sent on the islands or locally, never in the big cities, as she was not the type of person to lay low enough.

"Once you reach Jujutsu High school, an old friend of mine will tell you what you have to do"

Her heart almost stopped for a brief moment as she heard the name of the location that was assigned to her. It was her old school, the place where she learned how to fight, the place where she discovered what she wanted to do with her life, more or less and also the place where she fell in love, but never out of it. And worse than that...she knew he was there.

"Any objections?" the old man raised a brow almost curious on why she hasn't said a thing until now

"No, sir. I will be there first thing in the morning" she bowed down to show respect to her superior

"That's a good child. You almost remind me of my son, If he was still with us I would've had him marry you" a sad sigh went past his lips "Or maybe not..after all there's no place in that heart of yours for love. No man wants a woman that can't love him fully" maybe it was the alcohol talking or maybe he was truly a misogynist "But after all, you're not a woman, you're my special and most dear possession"he laughed, amused by his own words

The woman slowly made her way out and followed her steps to her own room, passing out top of her bed, not even minding to wash herself or change the clothes that warm ripped apart. She simply wanted to rest as she knew what was ahead of her.

Seeing him again wouldn't have seem like a problem at all, especially since 9 years have passed since the two of them have seen each other. But there was a thing that bothered her more than any of the cruel things she had done. Would her feelings get in the way of her work? Was she even having them still after such a long time?

________

i plan on making this book enemies to lovers cause i love this type of plot lol