30

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

Fear. One cannot live without experiencing the feeling of frighten, but the reason behind it might vary, as each and every single one of them has yet another thing to be terrified about. Still, there was one thing living being could not control, the adrenaline driven by fright, the type of feat the feel when their life is put in danger. No matter how much they value it or not, it's in their instinct to fight back, to trive for another chance, to try to escape the inevitable.

She was terrified, her veins were pumping the blood in a rushed motion, her heart was beating faster than ever and her back was covered in sweat. She was hiding, trying to stay hidden and away from the eye of the enemy, but she was not afraid of them finding her, but of him getting caught in it.

"Are you alright?" he asked even if he knew she was far from being so

"It's not my first chase" she tried to play it off "It just happened that this time I was the one being chased"

He didn't find her joke funny at all, he couldn't understand how she was so distant from the current situation, but his only thought was that maybe it was her way of dealing with the problem.

"They will get here sooner or later, I fear this motel was not the best choice" he sighed, worried about their safety

Gojo knew he couldn't protect her at all, he was simply buying themselves some time, hoping he will come up with a plan sooner or later, but deep done he knew he was screwed, he has no idea what to do or how to do it. His fidgeting surely caught her attention, making it clear to the young woman, that he was not in a better place than her.

"You know...this is the room Nanami found me in that day"

It was not the time or place to retell stories, let alone such a horrible one. Gojo felt like he was getting further away from her, not getting a grip of who she was right now or what was going through her mind.

"I didn't want his help" she confessed the obvious "Deep down I think I wanted you to be the one to open the door, to come to my rescue like a knight in shining armour. It's a silly thing" she laughed it off

He was aware of how intimate the information she spilled was, of how hard it was for her to actually recall those moments and how devasting it must have been to wait for someone that was never going to come.

"I couldn't have.." he knew she was not trying to make him feel guilty, but he couldn't help but feel shattered thinking about all the things he has done

"Of course you couldn't have. I was not expecting you to, it was just a silly wish I had in that moment, I don't even know why I still recall it" she sighed

"Can I kiss you?"

It was not appropriate for him to ask her that, not regarding the conversation pr the situation, but he still did it, he still asked as it was the only thing he could have done in that moment. After all, Gojo was still trying to write his love story, not knowing it was meant to be a tragedy from the very beginning.

"If there was one way I wished to die, that would have been from the poison on your lips"

His hands cupped her cold face, pressing his lips over her plump ones, kissing her tenderly as she sat on the edge of the bed. She was indeed poetic, thinking of such a wonderful way to die, but never really considering it, cause truly, she never wished to live more than she did now.

"If you keep kissing me like that, we might both end up dead"

"Hey, at least we would die having sex" he laughed, being taken back for a moment from their problem

Both of them wished to enjoy this moment for longer, to keep laughing and kissing each other, to keep living even if it was on the edge of dying, just for the sake to stay by others side. Maybe she knew it already, as she heard them coming from much longer time ago, but she wished to give him one last cheerful memory, not wanting to leave him with the bitterness of her hunted self.

"Don't move!" one man shouted as he bursted inside, breaking the door open

Gojo immediately rushed to her side, wanting to protect her for whatever those people were going to do, but she pushed him away, letting the bullet of the loaded gun hit her twice.

"We got it, she's done" one spoke into his portable as he backed away quickly, afraid of the outcome

He had two choices to make, help her out or go after them, catching the bastards that dared to harm her.

"Don't go" she whined as she held onto her right side, trying to stop the blood

"We need help, now" he was panicking, the sight in front of him was his worst nightmare

He never thought he would feel moved if he saw someone injured in front of his eyes, yet he was now seeing the reason he loved dying with each second he spent away from a medical centre. It was terrifying, it was draining him of control.

"Don't go, stay with me. Please" she begged of him

He was only now aware of the moment, of her and of this. He grabbed her hand, holding it tight into his, trembling from the bone as her cold hands were warming up.

"Have you ever seen my domain?" she asked him with a pitiful voice

Gojo was not understanding what she was saying, what she was trying to tell him, but he decided to answer all of her phrases, for one last time.

"I never had the chance" his voice was calm despite his body being out of control

It says that when one dies, all of their energy and life go into what they wanted the most. Perhaps that's the reason she was now using the cursed energy she lacked, expanding a domain he never knew she had, watching as his surroundings change into the dim light from the police cars from outside.

"Sora wa massaode wanaidesu ka?"

He never heard her speak japanese before, yet she was now talking to his heart, touching the deepest part of it in ways she could not imagine.

Indeed, the clear sky of her domain was a pretty blue, resembling his eyes, the water the were standing in was clear, slightly stained by her leaking blood.

"Mizu wa totemo sunde imasu" she coughed, the red liquid dripping down her chin "Soredemo, anata no me wa mottomo kireidesu. Watashi wa anata o aishiteimasu Gojō, watashi wa itsumo anata o aishite kimashita" she said with a smile, that genuine smile he never thought he would see again

Y/N smiled for one last time, happinesses filling her as she finally had the courage to say those 3 doomed words, or maybe it was out of cowardice, as she knew she there won't be a chance for the man to answer back. She must have known that if she let go, he might have never returned, if he slipped through her hands he would be gone, and no one would have been able to bring him back. She didn't erase all his pain or offer to solve all his problems, she didn't fix everything that was broken, but that's not what he needed anyway. What matters most is that she stayed.

"I love you. I love you so much, just as you are" he whispered as he failed miserably to hold back his tears

He finally confessed his love, wishing she could've at least heard him say those words that dragged his heart so hard for his entire life. But perhaps, it would have been difficult for her to leave this world if she knew how he felt.

_________________________

this is the end guys, i know i broke your hearts and expectations, but i'm a sucker from tragedies!

i hope i will have your support with my other works as well