21

THE LEGACY OF AN UNWANTED CHILD

Their bodies were still heated, providing warmth for one another as they stayed covered in by the cold silk sheets of his bed. The only sound in the room was their breaths and her soft snores.

He couldn't be more thankful that she was the only one who fell asleep. Now, being wide awake, he could finally look at her, curled up in his arms, without any worry or need to defend herself, he felt like he could give her a truly peaceful dream.

"Were you always this beautiful?" he asked himself under a whisper as he gently moved a string of her (h/c) away from her face, just so he could see her better

But their romantic, or better said his romantic moment, was all interrupted by a few repetitive and persistent knocks on his door.

He pulled on whatever he had beside his bed, leaving the girl sleep tight in his bed, while he went to check on the uninvited guest that dared to disrupt him at such an hour.

To his surprise, the face that revealed itself from behind the door only angered him even more.

"What are you doing here, Yuki?" he sighed

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" she said it as if she had the right to enter his house

"I'm tired, say what you want and please leave" he decided he should act respectfully towards her, at least for now

"I bet that whore you brought in really sucked the shit out of you if you say you're tired" she said disgusted by the thought

Gojo was angered at the hearing of such words, especially when this time it was not just some random woman he found attractive in the dirty club, it was her.

"I didn't bring anyone" he lied "Not like it's your business to know what I do"

"It is! I'm your wife, I should know everything that is going on with you" she raged "I have the right to your life" she shouted

"First of all, you are not my wife. Second of all, if your idea of love is resumed to that..I truly pity you, Yuki"

"Love? Who says anything about love? This is an arranged marriage, there's no place for love here, I could never love someone...like you" she said in disgust "I don't care who you're sleeping with, I just wanted to make sure she wasn't the one in your bed"

"And why is that?" he didn't want to hear the answer truthfully, but he felt like he needed just this one reason to stop this nonsense

"I can't believe you're truly asking me that. You already know, she a prostitute, a-"

But before Yuki could finish what she had to say about the sister she despised so much, Gojo butted in, tired of hearing her talk.

"You should watch your words" his tone was changed, clearly angered by what she just said

"Look at you, all worked up over someone so..inhumane" she laughed "It's a shame if you think about it, you seem to care for that girl, but you also seem to forget one vital thing" she smirked "She never loved you or liked you even. Let's be honest, she was simply euphoric over a handsome guy, nothing more, nothing less. Face it Gojo, she will never love you, and as for the way you're treating me, act better. Your family wouldn't want you to treat your future wife like this"

Thankfully he had a drop of common sense left in him, that was the only reason he didn't shut her up with a slap across her dirty mouth. He was angered, beyond compare as he listened to everything the woman said.

"Yuki L/N, you and I will never marry. Do I look to you like the guy who will marry someone? I don't care what my family or yours wants. I can take my own decisions, and take the responsibility of what might come with that"

"You should be the one measuring his words Satoru, you will regret saying this and going against this marriage" she told him with spite as she finally walked away

Gojo closed the door, letting out a tired sigh. The discussion he just had with Yuki surely turned the night into an awful event. Her words stuck to his mind, but he refused to give them any further thought.

Walking inside his bedroom, he noticed that Y/N was gone, and so were her clothes. The window was wide open, letting the chilly wind of the night fill the room.

"Y/N, you're back!" Nobara said as she saw the woman walk through the hallway in the middle of the night

"Why are you up? Go to bed" she said trying to avoid any further discussion

Before Nobara could try and make some more conversation, Y/N was long gone in her bedroom. She wanted to be alone for now, to think about what she just did..and what she just heard.

But that was far from going to happen.

"Psst" a whisper made her jump, not noticing until now the man sitting by her window

"Kou?" she asked, squinting her eyes to try and get a clearer vision of the person

"No time to pack, Yabab requested your presence now" his tone was serious, despite his usually bubbly personality

Y/N understood the situation and followed as quickly as possible the man back to Osaka. She didn't have time to think about anything, let alone Gojo. She was preparing herself for the worst as she knew that whenever he called, there will be a blood bath for her and her only.

"Did you want to see me?" she said as she bowed down in respect to the older man

"Come here child" he said as he took a good smoke out of his pipe

It was silent for a moment, as if he was reorganising his thoughts and perhaps revising them. But the silence was broke by his lifeless laugh.

"Very well" he said clearing his throat "You see, my child, I have something that I hold really close to my heart, something so dear to me" he took another smoke "My legacy child. I have lived my entire life to build it, and I would despise to leave this world knowing it will leave as well" his words were barely leaving his rotten mouth "He would've been the one to carry it...but he was weak. Too weak"

Yababa never talked about his son with respect or care, let alone parental love. To him, his dead son was nothing more than a pawn to hold his game alive and sound. He didn't value and less or more, dead or alive.

"But you, you child...you're the bravest and strongest enemy death has ever seen" he laughed "You shall live a very long life"

He started playing with his grey haired beard, looking at the girl that was still as obedient as in the first day that she ever came to his place.

"So therefore, I will give you my legacy. I will adopt you as my daughter, and you shall call me father till the end of my days, cause I was the one who gave you a hand when you were drowning in the sorrow of your sins, the one who gave you a purpose to live for and the one who shall give you a purpose to keep living for"

"It's an honor" she said bowing down to him

"It's an honor, father. Say that, my child"

"It's an honor, father" she said just as he wanted

"It was a good choice, such a good one" he started laughing

But it was far from being an honor, it wasn't her will to live or her purpose, it was his desire to live forever through his work, through someone he knew would never go over her words.

In the moment someone will be filled with joy over receiving such a fortune, she lost her will to live and had only one wish. To end her miserable life once and for all

______________
and now i have a writers block cause idk how to put together my ideas into chapters...i'll manage