23

HER

HER

He didn't seemed particularly moved by the chaos his students were causing, asking a million questions about the one thing he didn't want to talk about. Perhaps it was due to the fact that he didn't know how to answer any of them, or maybe it was because he didn't want to face the reality of the answers.

"Is she really not coming back?" Megumi asked hesitant

The teen didn't like how he was always tailed by the stiff woman, but he loved observing her and grew to rather care for her just like he used to do for his older sister. He had a gift of noticing things that were hidden, and so he did notice the one thing she wanted to hide the most.

"Aren't you sad because she's gone?" he asked as he glanced at his teacher

"Where did that come from?" Gojo said a bit amused

"You treat us like little kids, but we have eyes of our own, ears of our own. The only one who can't see it is you, Gojo sensei. Or rather than not being able to see it, don't want to" he sighed "We won't question you anymore, but maybe you should give it some thought"

It was a surprise even to the white haired man, the teens whom he only knew for a couple of months were much more mature than he has expected. He was almost nostalgic at the thought that he will have to part ways with them at one time.

Gojo has always been avoiding this particular subject, he never really wanted to think about it since he knew that he won't be able to do it with a rational heart. But now he was forced to face it.

Memories of his own were all flooding back, drawn to one particular face and name he longed to forget ever since he first met her, but like a curse he couldn't bare with, he was never able to. Recalling the night they spend only a few hours ago made him slightly blush, just like a teenage girl. He was slightly ashamed of how he behaved at the moment, but his heart was racing so fast that he couldn't worry about how he was perceived.

Her scent was lingering to his body, her hands were still imprinted into his locks, feeling her touch and hearing her voice so close to him, that he had to pinch himself to get back to reality. What was that he felt for her? It was strange, yet no matter for how longed he had lingered to find out, it was as if only now he truly meant it. But there was a greater thing keeping him from moving forward. Fear. He was afraid of the things he couldn't control, afraid of loosing her, watching her scattered between him fingers..it was a terrifying thought that wouldn't stop giving him nightmares. Yet, he knew he had to make a decision sooner or later, time was not stopping for no one, and neither was she gonna wait for him. She never did to be fair. Not once she stopped and waited for him to figure things out, not once she was something else other than selfish. Doing everything she wanted and saying all the things she thought of, not once considering how he might have felt, cause in all honesty, Y/N was a selfish girl who grew to be a selfish woman. But he couldn't blame her, as he was in fact an opportunist, he saw her desire and walked with it, unaware of the things that might come with the pleasure she filled him with.

And as it happen, he finally found the word for it, for her, for himself..

"Oh! Gojo Satoru?" a voice dragged him out of him thinking

The male that stood in front of him was an unknown figure. His voice didn't ring a bell, yet his clothes were familiar to him. Yababa's household.

"Big fan!" he cheered as he gave the man a cheeky smile "Wish I could chit chat, but I have work to do. Mind showing me her room? I need to gather all the things she left behind" he scratched the back of his head

Ah, so he was here to take what she left of hers. How foolish of him to dare dream of such inappropriate things, she was long gone and he knew it better than anyone else.

"Sure, follow me" he said in a cheerful voice, yet his heart was sinking

The room was filled with bloody cloths and blades of sort, but rather tidy with only a few personal items for the boy to carry back.

Gojo was looking quite intrigued at the man who came to do her job. He was handsome and tall, with a pretty face and a nice figure, but he looked rather young, almost like a teenage boy.

"And you are..?" he asked as he stood in the doorway with his arms crossed, watching him from beneath his blindfold

"Kou. Kou Cihiro" he sighed as he picked up a box filled with what looked like weapons "I am Y/N's novice. I may be young, but I am strong enough to fight her" he laughed "Try to fight her actually, she's insane"

So he was in fact younger than her.

"Man..why did she bring all those heavy stuff" he complained as he tried to gather the rest in another box

"When is she going to take in?"

"I shouldn't say this but...the old man is about to pass, probably he will be gone by tonight to be honest" he sighed "I wish I was chosen, not her. But no one dares to defy the word of his" he finally picked the last box

"She isn't coming back, is she?" his voice slightly cracked, even tho he tried hard not ot

"She isn't supposed to, after all she has it hard on her own. Becoming the prey when you were all along the hunter...tough"

He already knew what the answer was, but he was clinging to the hope of his wish much more than he wanted or intended to. After all it was all because..

"I think this is all I need. Then..see you" Kou said as he took all the boxes from the small room "Ah" he stopped in his tracks, turning around "Just to make myself clear. I said she isn't supposed to come back, never said she won't" with that he left, leaving Gojo to wonder

...he loved her.

"Gojo" a voice made him turn suddenly around, loosing his balance for the moment he saw those (e/c) eyes looking into his

_________
i have ideas for the rest of the filler chapters now lmao