11

FAMILY STRINGS

FAMILY STRINGS

The sudden visit of Hakuro surely made the woman feel uncomfortable. For the first time in her life she felt incapable in doing her job, incompetent. How could Yababa asign her such a job? It surely was not made for her. These were the only thoughts she had as the time flew by, hour after hour, day after day.

Watching Megumi train, eat, sleep, spend time with his friends..it was weirdly painful. It felt like she was watching a 'what if' of her wasted teen years. She was imagining, against her will, how she could have had the life he or any of these students were having, only if she didn't fall in love.

"What got you thinking like that?" annoying, repulsive, madly..sweet voice spoke to her, bringing her back to reality

"I was thinking of how boring this is" she lied

"Boring? It's like watching your kid play and have fun. As I recall, didn't you want to have 3 kids?"

It was true, back in the day she loved the idea of family, she loved it so much that she wanted one of her own. One that she could care and cherish for, one that she could bathe in love. But that wish was long gone along with the possibility of it becoming true.

"Why are you asking such idiotic questions? Did your stupidity finally reach that level?"

She was regretting lowering to that level each time she came with such a snarky response, but she couldn't help it.

"As cheerful as always" he smiled "Well maybe I can help you with the boring part"

Her palm began to sweat and she could feel the heat rushing through her body. Was he really suggesting that...?

"I have a mission today and I could bring you along if you want. It's only a few curses, grade four as I remember. But I'm sure you can handle them, you're a big girl now"

Of course he was not. How stupid of her to even think about something like that.

Y/N wanted to refuse his proposal out of dignity, but she couldn't help but think of how much this would actually help with her boredom.

"Mhm" was all she said, and it was enough for the man to understand

"Fantastic! We can leave in 10 if you're ready"

"Megumi"

"He will be fine. I doubt that he has any plans to leave for today. Besides, no one will know you were gone for a few hours"

And once again, even after a very long time, his words were enough to make her feel at peace. How pitiful of her.

The sharp of the blade was cutting with ease among the bodies that soon turned into corpses. The cursed energy flowing through the weapons she was carrying were enough to end the curses lives.