10

THOSE WHO CAN'T BE REACHED

Under the dim light of the moon, right before the eyes of the creatures who lived in the dark, and most importantly right next to each other, both of them could feel the others heart beats. One faster than the other, but both equally nervous and anxious about the moment standing right before them.

"It seems like it's getting late" his words not only broke the silence, but her already shattered heart of hope "I should get going, I have teaching to do first thing in the morning"

He stood from the ground, dusting off his uniform and adjusting his blindfold back on.

"See you tomorrow Y/N-chan" and like he always did, he left her behind, all by herself right after he gave her something she thought she could hang onto

Ashamed and confused of her thoughts and previous intentions, she dragged her fingernails across the dirt in anger. For a brief moment she felt like she could reach him again, like she could grab onto what she lingered for so long, but only now she realised how selfish it was of her, thinking that she could get what she wanted, even for just a few moments.

The night was almost over, as the birds started chirping from one branch to another. And as the sun was making its way towards the sky, her silent screams painted the dawn with sorrow.

"Yaho!" a joyful voice cracked the dawn, but with no response

The man was walking freely like he had no care, searching for the one he came after, but there was no sight. The warmth of the day was slowly making its way to him, making his brown locks slowly stick to his forehead.

"Are you looking for someone?"

"Ah! You scared me for a second" the man laughed as he faced the taller figure "You must be Gojo. So cool! I never thought I would meet such a famous sorcerer" he said with a smile

"And yet you couldn't answer my question" he sighed as he watched with suspicion the man in front of him

"My name is Hakuro, but you can call be Hak. I am from the third division of Yababa" he finally introduced himself, clearing out any suspicion

"Mind telling me why is Yababa's little pawn here?" he knew the answer to that question, but he still wanted to hear more, hopefully getting to know more about who this woman was now

"I am her partner. I thought she was feeling lonely here in Tokyo" he laughed "I got permission to join her"

Their conversation was quite casual, but that didn't exclude, not even for a second, the fact that Gojo couldn't help but feel jealousy towards the man. The person in front of him had probably spent so much time with her, who knows what they might have done...but he wasn't going to let such immature thoughts get to his head.

"And what's with the eye patch?"

Hakuro had one eye patch cover his left eye, which was a shame in Gojo's opinion, as his eyes were a beautiful shade of blue, almost as mesmerising as his own if he dared to say.

"Ah, I was hoping you wouldn't ask" he laughed

"If you don't wanna talk about it, you shouldn't" he was not going to force anyone to reveal their trauma just for his curiosity

"It's fine, just a little embarrassing I guess" another nervous laugh went past his lips "I lost my other eye so I thought the best way was to cover it up. She did it"

He was thankful for his blindfold in that moment, as his eyes were wide open at the hearing of his words.

"It was our first time as assigned partners and I had no idea she had a problem with the colour blue..she hated it so much she tried to rip both of my eyes, but Yababa stopped her" he laughed as he recalled those long forgotten memories "I thought she was crazy and I begged to be assigned another person, but Yababa declined. So I was stuck with the girl who pocked my eye out"

"So I guess you two don't get along?"

"Not the case...I wouldn't say we are buddies either, but she doesn't really stand anyone so I don't think that's an understatement. We, we do well in missions, that's all" he confessed

Gojo felt like he was closer, closer to finding out something he was too afraid to ask. But it would have been shameless of his to intrude onto her own memories, so he stopped questioning the man.

"Gojo sensei!" the voice of his student broke their conversation

"Megumi, what's the matter?" he asked as he saw the concern on his student's face

"Y/N, she...she's hurt"

Both males, followed by the boy rushed to where he leaded them, wanting to see what happened to the woman. But none of them was prepared for the sight they saw.

"Y/N!" Hakuro shouted as he ran towards her, helping the woman

She pushed him away as soon as he reached his hand towards her. Her bleeding body was the least of her problems as it seemed, she was more concerned about the hands that were reaching for her than her wounds.

"What happend?" Gojo asked as he noticed the presence of Itadori and Nobara

"Sukuna, he got out of control, I tried to hold him but I-I couldn't" Itadori was scared, frightened by what he thought was his fault "He said she-she's-"

"The kid should be punished immediately!" Hakuro shouted "This is insane! How could you let someone as dangerous as him go bu freely-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the sharp of the katana was reaching for his throat. His blade slightly crisping the skin of his neck, letting small trails of red ran down his torso.

"Who said you could give any orders around here?" her voice was cracking, the pain was intense

"Y/N, don't act this way, you've gotten hurt" he demanded

"Stop acting for the eye of the people Hakuro" her words were like venom "When I was laying in a pool of blood, constantly getting stabbed by them you watched. But you dare call onto a child who is tortured by a curse, how cowardly of you"

"Enough, don't make a scene in front of the kids" his eyes were watching her, but she wanted to pretend she couldn't see it "Hakuro, I believe you should return where you came from, she's fine as she is"

"Tch" he clicked his tongue as he pressed with his palm the small cut from his neck

He reached his hand towards the woman, his eyes focused on her and her only. But the mere help he was offering was something she couldn't reach for. Grabbing onto his hand meant so much more than just admitting she was unwell, and in that moment, in all her greed and naivety...

"Ouch" he whined as the blade slightly scraped the skin over his palm

"Keep your hands on yourself, Satoru" she screeched

________

i never planned for this chapter to go on like this, but i lost myself in the writing and made a spontaneous appearance for Hakuro but dw we shall never hear of him again lmao