19

THE GREED OF A SISTER

"Aren't you too reckless, Yuki?" the woman asked as she looked at her oldest daughter

"Why would you even think of it like that?" she clicked her tongue, already annoyed by her mother

It was easy to say that Yuki was not the biggest fan of her mother's behaviour, she had never been. She always looked up to her father, a man of honor who always looked out for his family and title, someone whom she wanted to be like. Unlike her father, her mother was more caring, more of a feeling person, someone whom you can cry to and laugh to. She despised that with all her heart. She didn't need comfort, she needed power and as for now, revenge.Revenge on her younger sister who took so much from her...or perhaps she took nothing at all, but with greed in her eyes, Yuki couldn't see it clear.

"You don't love this man" the kind words filled with love tingled the ears of the woman

"So?"

Yuki never thought of love like that, she was never really seeking for it, cause in all honesty, she wasn't made for love or to love, she had other goals in her life, far more important than a complicated human connection.

"Won't it be hard for you?"

"Mama, me and Gojo won't interact much anyway, he just needs to help me bear a child and give me his name, nothing more or less" she sipped from her bitter tea

"He's a womaniser, he surely will go wondering to other women" she kept on her point straight

"It would be weird if he did not. I don't really care about that"

Slowly, Yuki was starting to understand the point of it all. Her wicked mother was trying to trick her with cheap schemes.

"But you don't really care about my feelings regarding this marriage, don't you?" she laughed in disgust

"Yuki..." the woman took a deep breath "She loves him with all her heart, she always had. I doubt she ever stopped loving him" her voice was trembling as if she was feeling the hurting her youngest daughter has been through

Yuki was already aware of all those things, and maybe even more, but that was only one more reason for her to peruse with this marriage. She always wanted what her sister had or desired, and now it was her only chance to take something that she will truly miss.

"You really can't see it, can you mama?" she sighed "That parasite of a daughter you have ruined everything for a man who only ruined her!" she started raising her voice "Because of her stupid and childish love she was banished from the household and stripped of our name! She had done all of this with her own hands, she does not deserve any mercy whatsoever, let alone my consideration"

She was pissed, not by what her mother has said, but rather by the fact that even now, that she was long gone, far from their sight, the woman was still very much present. Truth to be spoken, Y/N has always had an easy reach for her mother, always making the woman go against everyone and everything just to see her daughter smile.

"Watch your tone around your mother" the elderly spoke as she looked at her daughter

"Stop defending her already! I will marry Gojo and that's final" she shouted

Their voices could be heard through the entire pavilion of the house. The maids and servers surely were listening to their fight with much interest, ready to report it later on to the head of the house.

"He will never love you, Yuki. In fact he will hate you for being so cruel to that girl" her words started to sting her "The child you will carry...no, I won't go any further since I would hate to destroy your feelings like this" she sighed, finally putting the cup down

"Get out" she said slowly "GET OUT" she finally yelled, trowing the fragile cup

It smashed into the wall, leaving millions of sharp pieces around and a wet splash of hot tea on the ground nearby. The words of her mother hit the last nerve she had.

"Congrats on your marriage, Yuki L/N" the woman said as she stood up, ready to leave the room "The rest is for her to decide, don't test your sister, you don't know the lengths she would go for that man and neither do you wanna find out" with that final warning, she left the room, letting the maids come inside to clean up

Yuki has always been a greedy child, sister, woman..but little did she know that greed comes with a price. One that she couldn't pay or at least was not prepared to.

The music was slowly fading, becoming just a background noise as they were getting further away from the club, trying to find a more private space.

"How about a motel?" he asked still a bit shaken up by the alcohol

His warm hand was holding hers as if he was sure she would ran away any minute, truth was, he wasn't sure that she would stay.

"No" her answer was short but precise "I am not just any girl you picked up from the club, Gojo"

Somehow it made him laugh, laugh so hard she thought he was making fun of her or looking down on her for her words.

"Of course you're not, Y/N. Would you prefere to do it here?" he suggested in a joking manner as he pointed to the public street they were on

"Your house" she said almost regretting the words coming out of her mouth

"Well I guess there's a first for everything, right?"

"What do you mean?" she asked curious as she watched him call a taxi

"I have never brought a woman home before and I never thought I will"

His words meant little to her as she was already aware of the mistake she was doing. Her feelings meant and have never meant anything to the man she loved so dearly, sleeping with him once again was just a mistake she craved for that she could blame on the alcohol.

______________
i promised the spicy part in the next chapter!