27

THE LUXURY OF ONE

THE LUXURY OF ONE

She wished she could sleep more, trying to avoid waking up and facing the consequences of her own delusional actions, but it was hard to do so when someone's phone has been ringing for the past 10 minutes, and yet, he did not even bother to turn to the other side, let alone turn it off or answer.

Tired of the annoying ringtone, she pulled away the sheets from her naked body, taking a few steps closer to the device, ready to curse at whoever was on the other line, but she stopped as soon as the familiar name was shown on the screen.

"Who is it?" he asked still half asleep

She declined the call and made sure to put the phone on silent. Brushing away the memory of that wicked name, she made her way back to the bed, trying to ignore it as much as possible.

"Anyone important?" his morning voice was sending shivers down her spine, making her remember all the sweet things he purred in her ear last night

"No one that would matter" she replied shortly, turning her back to him

Gojo was as bold as ever, wrapping his arm around her bare torso and dragging her closer, nuzzling his face in the nape of her neck, taking in the scent of her freshly washed hair. It felt surreal to him, having her like this in his arms without a worry in the world, but he was very much aware that none of this would last for too long. Sooner or later there will be something to disrupt them, there was no such thing as getting what you wanted, not without paying a price you cannot afford.

"You're so clingy" she sighed trying to push the man away, embarrassed by how weak she must have looked

Y/N knew how much of a hypocrite she was right now, avoiding and blaming the man for so many years only for her to fall right back into his arms. She was finally aware of how stupid and reckless she has been, after all it seemed that not even a blood bath was enough to rip the love for him put of her heart, but maybe she was finally ready to accept it. Or maybe she was just enjoying something she knew would last forever, at least until her forever.

"You weren't complaining yesterday" he teased her

Her face heated up and her expression changed in embarrassment, she was thankful that her back was facing him so that the sorcerer wouldn't be able to see how she reacted to his words.

"That was a different thing.." she mumbled as she closed her eyes, wishing to sleep like that for a little longer

Gojo wanted to make fun of her, to pull her leg for a few more minutes, but he decided that it was best to leave her be, he was not sure how he should take all of this either, but one thing he knew for sure, they were not lovers, they could never be lovers, as love was a luxury they could not afford. No one that claims to be a part of the cursed world can afford such luxuries, love, family, friends...none of these matters at the end of the day. The only thing that keep you alive in this wicked system was the title and power one holds, and of course, their luck.

"I will go to the bathroom for a bit, if you want coffee or anything of such sort it's in the cupboard from above the sink" he explained to her as he made his way to the restroom, butt naked

It felt invasive to go and make herself anything in his house, she always hated roaming around without a worry in someone's business, even if that person consented to it. But what harm could a coffee truly make?

Gathering her clothes from the floor, she started dressing up, not bothered by the fact that she didn't have a new or clean set. She was used to wearing the same clothes, the situation didn't always allow her to take care of herself, not properly at least. Looking around she was just now taking in for real the scenery around her. She was analytical regarding the way he decided to decorate his bedroom, she was looking in such detail, afraid somehow that she would miss something trivial about the man. But there wasn't much to miss anyway, there was no sign that he changed over the course of years, he seemed to be the same he was at 18, but she knew that he was not the person to let his guard down enough for others to figure him out. In all honesty, Gojo was not respected, not looked up to and definitely not cared or loved by anyone. He was simply feared because of his abilities and power, nothing more and nothing less. He was a lonely man that used the little pleasures in life to fill in the void of acceptance he never got the luxury to get to.

Despite putting in on silent, the phone kept buzzing, the persistence of her sister making her boil with anger and jealousy. Why would Yuki bother to call Gojo so many times? It was odd even for someone as ill intended as her.

"I'm sorry, the coffee has to wait" she sighed as she knew that there was no time for such a thing when something else was bothering her

Turning the phone off and hiding if behind a pillow she found on the couch, she made sure to make no sound while she left the apartment. She was hoping that her little visit won't be as unpleasant as she was expecting it to be. But her Cinderella dream was over the moment the sun rises, her so called crystal shoes were gone and there was no prince to comfort her and wipe away her tears, she was back to her pity worthy reality, but the hope of her memories was still as bright and heated as ever, trying to hang onto something that was never there to begin with.

_____________
i feel like they (chapters) have gotten shorter lately and i have no idea why? anyways, i will start college courses tomorrow so i won't be having that much free time, but i will try my best to update as much as i can!!

only 3 more chapters left