43 🌙 Hard to trust

Jules Martin

All of Luna's texts had me going insane, my mind going off into a daydream situation. Her words even made me forget I was in class. Then she implied going to the library after, and I just couldn't wait to see her, hold her, kiss a smile onto her lips.

"This class is j-just a waste of time anyway." I muttered under my breath, my heart pounding at the thought of leaving in the middle of class, but what choice did she leave me... The library it was. I quietly packed my stuff and as soon as the professor wrote something on the blackboard and turned his back to us, I bounced, leaving through the back. Luna, if I fail this class you will help me study for it.

With a quick pace I walked through the busy hallways, trying to navigate the shortest way to the library. With an anticipating smirk I grabbed my phone, trying to let her know I was on my way to our spot and while doing so her texts once again invaded my thoughts, my heart already skipping a few beats. Ferociously tapping my thumbs into my phone I turned around the corner, my heart sinking as I did. I saw her as she talked to Zander, and witnessed him grabbing her arm. No fucking way! The flutters in my stomach were quickly replaced with sharp needles and I couldn't bare the thought of him intimidating her like that, again. When does this stop! I was running across the unbearable long hallway as I watched her put up a fight, yanking her arm away. Running is hard when your chest is this tight, when your heartbeat is hitting new records, and an ominous feeling is making your stomach turn. Fuck. I cussed again, when in a split second Zander pushed her into a wall with full force, my heart splintering into pieces as I watched her slide onto the floor. Fuck, fuck, fuck! Zanders hands helplessly went into his hair, cussing at himself, before trying to help her, sticking out his hand. No you're not! I thought while finally reaching them.

"Don't fucking touch her!" I yelled with an unseen amount of anger in my voice, as I pushed him into the wall like he did to her. The wall hitting his back knocked the air out of him while I grabbed his shirt tightly into my fist, my other one raised and waiting to collide with his face.

Zander shook. "Go ahead, hit me." He said, his cheeks wetted with tears, the guilt on his face nearly enough for me to feel sorry for him. I want to. I should. "I deserve it." He did nothing but look me in the eye, telling the truth for once. You do! "I won't tell coach if you do it." He shook his head, his eyes wandering to Luna next to us sitting against the wall, completely distraught. He was mad at himself for hurting her, but nothing could compare to the anger I felt. "I deserve it." He said once more, squinting his eyes shut to stop his tears. Fuck this! I thought, wrapping my hand further around his shirt, and squeezing my fist in the air. I'm not like you. Letting go of him with a light push I made him stumble back, and I had to take a few large whiffs of air to calm myself down. "If you ever touch her again, you're done." I pointed my finger at him, menacing until the point I scared myself.

"I know, I know. Just help her. Please." He sobbed, his hands on his head showing how desperate he felt at the sight of her. He was visibly upset and he did care deep down, a feeling of jealousy for a first overwhelming me, knowing Luna still had that effect on him. "Please." He whimpered, while I saw Katy trying to pull him away from the scene, but he wasn't letting her, as her presence annoyed him, yanking his arm away from her grip.

"Shit." I shook my head as soon as I laid eyes on Luna, her eyes hooded, her expression dizzy while blood dripped from her nose. I didn't waste any more time, instantly going down on my knees in front of her while I heard Zander apologize over and over in the background. "Luna, it's me." I whispered softly as I grabbed the side of her face. "Baby, look at me." I surprised myself as it came out of my mouth so naturally, worry however making the lump in my throat grow. "Hey." I whispered once more. I saw her dizzy gaze trying to find mine while I pressed my soft sleeve against the space under her nose, preventing the blood from dripping onto the white puffer jacket I love on her. I could care less about the damn thrill seekers gathering around us, starting rumors and whispering stuff.