19 🌙 I want answers

Luna Larsson

I was high on Jules's adorable texts, and the delightful tension it caused, but low on Zander's continues apologies. He sent me a text on the bus to the game, and the amount of eyerolls it earns were countless.

Zander: You're coming to the game, right?

I know I told him I was going to, but that was before taking a night walk in the rain and coming home drenched with frozen limbs. I wasn't feeling too well, not only because I was still freezing cold, but because I wasn't feeling myself. I felt guilty that I was smiling at another guy's texts while frowning at his. I felt guilty, being happy thinking about the possibility of cuddling up to Jules, while not even considering Zander was still in the picture, because he still was... In the picture, and it was a problem.

Me: No I'm not going to make it

Zander: Why? You always come?

Me: It's a two-hour drive, my car is still broken down in front of your place and I'm not feeling well.

Zander: I'm sorry for yesterday... I overreacted. Why didn't you ask me to drive you home? You're sick?

Me: Would you have? Yes, I'm still freezing. It started to rain on my way home if you didn't notice...

Zander: Of course I would have. I'm really sorry!!

Me: You can't change it now. Good luck at your game.

Zander: Please don't act so distant. It hurts more than you think.

Me: You have hurt me more than I can count....

Zander: I know I haven't been myself lately, please let's talk later. Really talk this time.

Me: Can't... I'm having a movie night with the girls. I promised them.

Zander: So WE are just not important anymore?

Me: Don't argue with me over text... I'm just saying I can't tonight, my friends are important to me too!

Zander: Okay we'll talk another time... You may not want to hear it right now, but I love you Luna

"And you didn't reply? You savage!" Grace gasped when I showed them the conversation later that night, just before starting the movie. "You let the poor sucker play his game left on read?" She winced while making a painful face.

Sophia instantly scoffed at Grace's pity "She did good. Let him suffer a little..."

"Ouch." Laughter was filling my head but I scrunched my nose at her hostility, see that's exactly how confused I am. I hate him, but I love him too... And it's not a good place to be at.

Soph shrugged her shoulders unbothered, and grabbed her glass of wine to make a toast. "To making the loser suffer." She laughed, and I had to bite my lip not to laugh a little. "What! You're miserable." She frowned at me with a smirk, when she thought I would take offense.

"And you're too honest." I sniffed, feeling the effects of a nearing cold, still shivering a little.

"Here have some wine while we let the guy whine." She snorted while handing me a glass of rosé at the sound of Gracie's giggles.

"Omg Soho..." I shook my head, my hand covering my eyes. "Your taste in jokes is-"

"Marvelous, amazing, anything else to add?" She cut me off with a grin spread across her lips.