21 🌙 I'll be civil

Jules Martin

"I'm so sorry." She bit her lip not giving it a chance to tremble with embarrassment. She couldn't even look me in the eye, instead she let her head fall to the side to look at anything but me. I'm such an idiot! I finally get the chance to kiss her, and fuck it was the best kiss I ever had, and then I tell her to stop...! "I just thought that..." I felt my chest tighten, the tears in her eyes tearing me to pieces while she whispered. I don't want to hurt you, don't cry. I could tell she felt rejected and that was because I'm an idiot for using the word rebound, suggesting she was just using me, she wasn't, I felt it, this meant more and that was what I was scared of, ruining something that could be perfect. "I shouldn't have... I shouldn't have kissed you I'm sorry... I thought that you wanted t-"

I cut off her panicked pleads as she tried to move off the bed, trying to hide the humiliation on her face. "No, no, no. You don't h-h-have to go." My gaze begged her to stay, my hand on her cheek keeping her close. "Trust m-m-me all I can t-t-t-think about is kissing you." Fuck, I really do. "I want to." I whispered while brushing my nose against hers and once more her lips parted with desire. This is torture...

"But?" Her voice broke while she held on to my shirt.

"But... You j-j-j-ust broke up with h-h-him..." I whispered, and she instantly took a deep breath, frowning at me and it almost made me melt.

"He cheated on me. He doesn't deserve to ruin this." She sternly looked at me and I knew she meant us, I felt it by the way those blue eyes flickered in the small light next to my bed.

"No but, you deserve t-t-time to process it, Luna. Heartbreak s-s-s-sucks, you're hurting and I'm not a quick f-f-fix." I whispered and I felt myself lean into her lips again, her magnetizing power to great to withstand. She's so hard to resist, but right now it's the right thing to do. "You h-h-have to do that alone. Fix it."

"But you can help..." She begged me and all I wanted to do was help in ways that would bring us closer, but it doesn't work that way. "You're right." She sighed into my lips, her breath hot and sweet and most of all tempting me to follow its source. "I won't forget this though. That was some kiss." Her whisper was close, so close her lips touched mine ever so slightly and her words send chills down my spine. It took everything not to close the gap completely and kiss her again, deep and passionately, the tingles in my stomach begging me.

"I don't w-w-want you to forget." I whispered into her touch, our lips tingling against each other in the softest way. "Some kiss indeed." I whispered again while I slowly leaned back, putting some needed, yet painful space between us.

"I'll just go then?" She looked up at me, her brows raised, and the fact she said it as a question was more than enough to suggest she wanted to stay. "If I can get my car up and running..." She softly sighed, her eyes still holding me captive.

"Maybe you should s-s-stay." My head tilted to the side, while I swooned for that surprised look on her face. "I'll h-h-help you fix y-y-your car in the morning." I smiled and she chuckled with mischief.

"And what do you know about cars?" She wiggled her brows at me, while coming up slightly to support herself on her elbows.

"We'll see in the m-m-morning." The smirk on my face made one appear on hers, and the way she made me feel was hard to describe, but so easy and effortlessly to experience. I chuckled before getting up from the bed, leaving her to watch me walk to my dresser.

"Where are you going?" Her disappointed tone made me turn around and face her, her face the cutest thing to watch while I grabbed some light gray sweatpants from my dresser.