9 🌙 Bro-code

Jules Martin

I needed to clear my head before practice in the early afternoon, so I decided to go for a morning run. As soon as Levi and Ezra saw me in the kitchen, prepping some protein shake, in my running gear, they decided to tag along. I wasn't such a fan of Ezra, I didn't know him that well, but Levi, he seemed okay so I thought why the heck not.

"Fuck, I'm gonna die!" Ezra breathed heavily, after 6 miles at a moderate pace. Aaahh the perks of being a goalie. "Just stop for a minute." He huffed loudly, sounding like he was about to actually die.

"Come on Ezzy you need to get in shape or you'll never win over those puck bunnies this year." Levi laughed, his words mocking.

"Hold on! hold on!" He instantly raised his voice in an offended tone while he came to a halt and so did we. "Do you see these abs!" He laughed, pulling up his hoodie, making both Levi and I roll our eyes at him. "This motherfucker is in shape, okay!" He said, catching his breath, but struggling to do so. "Running is just not for me." He shrugged his shoulders, and he was right, running was definitely not for him. He's not so bad after all, he's just a clown sometimes.

"How a-are you going to chase the girls i-if you can't run..." I grinned and I earned myself a cocked eyebrow and a dramatic mouth drop.

"He thinks the girls are going to come to him..." Levi nudged my shoulder. "Keep dreaming Ezzy." He laughed, obviously mocking his friend and the both of us couldn't contain our smirks.

Ezra squeezed his eyes at the both of us. "Oh yeah, you better run assholes." He laughed while taking a head start, but it only took us a minute to catch up with him, and he sounded even more out of breath than before. Damn he sounds like a horse with a cold.

I grinned at him while slowing down at his pace next to him. "Y-you okay?" I asked, patting his back as he clearly looked like a dying man.

"U-hum, do it for the girls right?" He sheepishly looked at me, his eyebrows raised.

"Do it for the girls..." Levi said, what I was thinking, only with less of a stutter. "Talking about girls... There's a rumor going around... Well rumor, I saw it with my own eyes." He added, his eyes wide.

"Go on, go on." Ezra seemed to be a sucker for that shit as he suddenly seemed fully fit and awake, the curiosity dripping off his face.

"Do you remember Katy? The girl that works at the café on Wednesdays and who was texting Zander last year... You know he told us she was off limits, bro code and shit, but then he found out she had a boyfriend?" Levi spilled, shaking his head and I had a bad feeling about this rumor.

"Yeah, we nearly lost a few games because he couldn't focus... Pussy." It was news to me, but same old shit to Ezra as he huffed with disgust. So, that means him and Luna aren't together for a very long time... That doesn't change anything Jules. "But he's with Luna now right?" Ezzy took the words out of my mouth.

"Not for long..." Both Ezra and I stopped running, only to glare at Levi with surprise, making him stop too. "I caught them kissing yesterday." Levi lowered his gaze with disappointment. No fuck!

"Who Luna and Zander?" Ezra immediately jumped in and I got the feeling Luna's tears that morning weren't because she slept with him, but because she didn't.

Levi instantly frowned at Ezra, slapping the back of his hand on his Shoulder. "Are you dumb? No, Katy." He looked at us wearily, unsure if it was a good idea to tell us. The hell it was!

"What the fuck." I didn't even stutter as the anger took over my mind and voice.

"I agree! What the fuck." Ezra seethed as he put his fist against his lips, rolling his eyes and for a fuckboy himself he didn't seem to agree with our Captain. What the fuck... She doesn't deserve this, and he certainly doesn't deserve her! "Shit man! The dude has a relationship with the cutest chick on campus, and he does this? I don't get him. I mean I like to sleep around, that's no secret, but if you're in a relationship you just don't do that kind of shit!" He frowned, clearly angry and disappointed, and he wasn't the only one.