64 🌙 Lucky guess

Luna Larsson

Have you ever had a dream that seemed so authentic, that waking up seemed farther away from reality than the delusion of being asleep? A dream of which you wake up with a broken heart and tears on your cheeks? A dream that haunts your through the day because you desperately wanted it to be true? A dream that affected you so much you can't imagine life before the reverie?

I was slowly slipping back into reality while Sophia and Grace were chatting on about everything I missed. If only I could pay a single second of attention to that. All I would think about was, what I missed most, who I missed most, was never even mentioned by name.

I still couldn't believe I woke up from a coma. In my recall of events I never had surgery. I told my friends I had a brain tumor through stupid letters. I fell in love along the way too. Yet here I was, getting the gaps filled in of what really happened. Apparently, I had surgery, my friends knew about it, so no secret letters, and also no idea where the love of my life or shall I say dreams was hiding.

Talking about dreams, what about one you wake up from, and you have different feelings towards someone, or maybe even none at all. That's what I thought when Zander walked inside the room. He had my heart before the surgery, before the deep sleep I was in, but now I was sure it belonged to someone else, and I didn't even know if he really existed outside my mind and memories.

"Luna!" Zander smiled as he pushed the glass door open, both Grace and Sophia instantly silent and awkward. I couldn't blame them because it wasn't far from how I felt when he hugged me tightly. I even caught Sophia roll her eyes in her very own I-want-to-kill-someone manner. I had memories of him cheating on me, and whether they were true or false the way I felt about it hadn't changed.

"Watch out, my body feels like it's been hit by a truck." I whimpered when he squeezed me so hard I became uncomfortable.

Zander pulled back quickly, worry spreading across his face. "I'm sorry. I'm just glad you're awake." He sat next to me and held my hand, my eyes glaring at the way his fingers intertwined with mine, very real, yet it felt like a joke.

"Well, sleeping beauty took her time!" Grace chuckled and even Sophia couldn't help but smirk.

Zander smiled at me before planting his lips on my cheek. If my head hadn't been a bit dazed from the meds, I would have pulled away before he ever had the chance. Because something told me this wasn't right. Call it intuition or my heart screaming inside my chest. But why? Because of someone I didn't know, but felt so much for, because of a lucky guess that this perfect person was real. "Fuck I missed you." Zander chuckled and the second he kissed me again I heard and saw Sophia huff. She never was a fan of Zander, but now I kind of felt like I wasn't either. At least not anymore.

I don't know if I can do this.

I don't want this anymore.

There's only one person I want.

I started to look around, to find anything to distract me from Zander's presence, away from his fingers laced through mine. I looked around the room, past the flowers and the gifts all the way to the door, a pull of the universe that had me gazing right at the one person my heart wanted the most.

Jules.

Jules!

I felt my lips part, my heart clenched with joy yet with despair too, my thoughts and memories racing and my gaze fighting to keep his hazel eyes captive.

God, those hazel eyes I love so much.

He's real.

He knows me.