10 🌙 Skate it off

Luna Larsson

I was lucky to sneak into the back of the auditorium like a mouse, so my late arrival wasn't such a big deal, and that Sophia already took notes, saving my ass for the assignment. She glared at me throughout the period, still a little angry with me since I ditched her the night before. I wish I had followed her advice instead of telling her to get her nose out of my business, but that's nothing I could change, much like my mood which was going more up and down than an elevator. It went from being upset and furious when Zander called me Katy, whoever the fuck she may be, to soft and weak when Jules followed me into the living room, to excited and beyond calm when his fingers trailed over my cheeks trying to comfort me, to thankful and smitten when he gave me his cap, to dazed and speechless when his fingers softly brushed against my neck, to moody and annoyed when I arrived late in class and saw Mara sitting a few rows in front of me. I nearly growled at the professor when she kept us in there longer than necessary and I really prayed she didn't catch my handful of eyerolls.

"Spill it! I can tell something's wrong. Your expressions are darker than a thundercloud." Soho called after me when I rushed out of class. My moody ass ignored her, and I also wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about it now that I was ready to explode in a fit of anger or a wave of tears. "Luna!" She grabbed my hand to turn me around.

"What do you want to hear? How I'm still a virgin, because I was too busy puking my guts out!" I gritted through my teeth, sighing deeply when my own words hit me hard. She looked at me with shock and slight amusement. "What?" I cracked, my voice breaking as my anger turned into hurt. All of this back and forth between Zander and I, and the fact I was conflicted with my own feelings for him was making me emotionally unstable, and I was about to break down in the middle of the hallway.

"Come here." She shook her head, pulling me into a much-needed hug and I completely melted, letting it all out, sobbing onto her shoulder. He's so cheating on me. My mind finally admitted to what was evident. "Did you really puke?" Sophia giggled as she tried to cheer me up.

"Yeah..." I sobbed again while her hug became tighter. I'm so lucky to have you Soho! If she knows Zander is, you know, she's gonna kill him... Thoughts of my friend sticking up for me when I needed it made me ugly cry on her shoulder.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." She whispered while pulling my face away from her shoulder. "What happened." Sophia frowned, twisting Jules's cap backwards.

"Zander and I got into an argument..." I tried to catch my breath, while intentionally leaving out my suspicions. I wanted to be sure before I dragged my protective friend into this, because if Sophia went crazy on Zander, than it would be over between us, for good, and over something that might be just a misunderstanding... I really hoped it was just that, because as much as he acts like a jerk sometimes, I really love him. "I said some ugly stuff to him, and then he ran off leaving me alone in his room, and this morning he was back saying he loves me, but then we had another argument... Why does it have to be so difficult!" I breathed, wiping away my tears, as I now noticed everyone around me staring.

"What an ass!" She raised her voice, claiming attention. "It isn't supposed to this damn difficult Luna. I might not be the best one to give advice, but I know that." She shook her head, anger in her voice but sorrow on her face. She grabbed my hand to go outside and get some fresh air. "Look, whatever is going on between you two, don't let him treat you poorly. It's not like you, and you most definitely don't deserve that and trust me plenty of fish are waiting for you to swing out your fishing rod." She said, grabbing me by the shoulders to knock some sense into me. "Call him, text him, talk to him, whatever, but if you can't fix it let him go." She said sternly. I bit my lip trying to keep my emotions in check, even though I felt it tremble between my teeth. It seemed as if the sky turned gray and grim when she said I had to let him go, the hard truth stinging like a bitch.