18 🌙 It's his mistake

Jules Martin

I was still shuddering with disgust when I went into my room, immediately taking an aspirin for an already starting headache. Great. I hope his hand fucking hurts like hell and is throbbing like my head is, so he can't hit a damn puck tomorrow.

The frustrated and conflicted sighs kept coming, until I couldn't contain the urge to grab my phone, instantly typing a text. Do I hit send? Should I? What if she wants to be left alone?

Me: Did you get home safely?

Okay I hit send. Shit I cursed at myself, rapidly throwing the phone to the other end of my bed with wide eyes. Shit, shit shit! I kept cussing and doubting my decision until my entire face lit up at the sound of my phone a few stressful minutes later. The sight of her name, not only lighting up my face, but my mood, and well, my everything.

Luna: Yeah, I'm okay.

Luna: Had to dodge a few hailstones, and 'm pretty sure I turned into a snowman on the way home...

Luna: but no need to worry.

See, she was cold! Fucking hail?? As if her night couldn't get any worse... I felt bad for not yanking my arm away and running after her to drive her home, my frustrated mood finding me once again at the thought of Zander not even being bothered.

Me: I wanted to offer you a ride, but you were already gone. I'm sorry.

The message instantly turned on read and the typing dots already appeared, along with the smile on my face. That meant she hadn't put her phone away, and I wasn't planning to do so either. While I waited for her to text back, I got comfortable, taking off my flannel shirt and T-shirt, and flopping back onto the bed when I heard my phone buzz.

Luna: You did?? That's... Really cute. You're not the one who should be sorry.

My face was bright, painted with a smile when she thought it was cute, but it fell just as fast as the ending of her text was about Zander. He should be sorry for not treating you better, he didn't even say sorry once.

Me: I know he didn't apologize.

Me: But you deserve one. So, I'm sorry.

I wanted to tell her he wasn't not good for her, that he's gaslighting her, even abusing her, but it wasn't my place, and she probably knew already by the way their argument went. More so, she wasn't going to take his bullshit much longer, so who was I to push.

Luna: That's nice... You're a good guy!

Luna: also a cap-less guy... I still have your baseball cap :p

I felt myself smirk at my screen, the fact she thought I was cap-less, it were her words, while I was shirtless but wearing a cap made me chuckle with mischief.

Me: Keep it.

Luna: You sure?

Me: Yeah, it looked adorable on you... ;) I have spare ones you can heist too, not sure if I'll let you though. :p

Shit, that was maybe too much... but I couldn't help it. It's true! Dammit she's not responding anymore. I bit my lip, waiting with suspense as the typing dots appearing and then vanishing and reappearing was putting my nerves on edge and making my heart race.