11 🌙 Not my boyfriend

Jules Martin

I stormed out of the café, angry and upset that I let my stutter be the subject of Zander's harassment, only making me want to knock his teeth out, again. If I hadn't walked away I would have gotten suspended for fighting in public and on school ground and I didn't move all the way out here to be benched for the rest of the season. I needed to calm down and the only place to get my thoughts in line was in the stands of an ice rink. As I watched the Zamboni clear the ice for the open skate sessions I started to regret my decisions to leave home behind, thinking I would have had a shot here.

All that happened so far was getting entangled in a mess between the asshole cheating Captain and his girlfriend. I seriously need to slow down with whatever it is she is making me feel. I'm on edge, nervous, but also calm and peaceful in a weird way when she's around. I mean, I want to talk to her, I have to, but what's the use... I could never be something to her and play for Zander and if I do it's going to be fucking messy. She just feels like a once in a lifetime limelight. Do I really let her slip away, without even trying. I have to, I'm not about to be a homewrecker, not even if their relationship isn't by all mean okay... I can't be that guy. I can't get in the middle of this... Did you forget Zander is probably cheating! You would be doing her a favor to move on from him, and you really need to tell her! She... She deserves to know! She... Luna?

I looked up when someone walking into the rink surprised me, what was more surprisingly was that it was her... Get your ass down there and fucking talk to her! Fuck no, I'm only going to end up hurt if I do... I was disappointed that I let my own rational thoughts stop me again from getting closer to her, but I knew it was for the best because the more I knew about her, the more I got to look into those beautiful eyes, the more her personality infected me, the harder I would fall, and right now nobody would catch me if I did.

I just watched her as she put on her skates in the stand, tying the life out of them before carefully taking of my cap and putting it in her bag. Watching her take such good care of it made me chuckle, and I pressed my lips together with amusement, but they gently parted again when she took her oversized hoodie off, some tight-fitting shirt underneath. Damn, this, she is... fucking sexy. What was even more attractive was watching her put her hair in a messy bun, something about that such a turn on. The warm feeling in my stomach was confusing and my heart rate beating the hell out of me made me suck in a breath when all of a sudden piano music sounded through the entire rink.

I was mesmerized, watching her every move, all the cute little steps and jumps and... No, Luna not the toe pick please, it ruins our ice. I shook my head, still smirking, as I watched her do a jump which required to pick the ice. Us hockey players trip over those damn holes you figure skaters leave, dammit. I would have been annoyed if it was anybody else, but with her, all it did was make me chuckle.

She was gliding so fast, the wind making the little flyaways from her messy bun, well, fly away, and the concentrated look on her face was beyond adorable. I think I just fell I little more. I thought while she danced to the music, her eyes half-closed, completely letting the music take over her moments, so gracious and beautiful.

She was gaining speed skating backwards when her eyes finally locked with mine, a moment so intense it made my stomach do a backflip. She frowned with confusion, before jumping high and quickly losing her balance. No, shit, this is going wrong!

"Luna!" I heard myself gasp when she missed her landing and smacked her head into the ice first, her body colliding with the boards, hard. "Shit!" I jumped up with panic when she didn't move, and without thinking I ran down, stepping on the ice in my converse which was never a good idea but anyways I didn't have a choice, she still wasn't moving.