12 🌙 Who is she?

Luna Larsson

Tears were stinging in my eyes when I came back from my scans. It reminded me too much of the years in and out of the hospital with my mom, getting scans every week or so, to see if her cancer was progressing. It has been years but hearing the doctor explain, I couldn't help but getting overwhelmed with memories and emotions. Only now, being older, I fully realized what she went through. The doctor's explanation was a complete blur, by tears and thoughts.

They were bringing me back to the cubical and I forced myself to quickly wipe away the tears on my cheeks. I didn't want Jules to ask questions even though I doubted he would. Why do I feel like being close to him every time I see him. God! I nearly kissed him! I can't do this! I don't need this kind of drama in my life, not now, not ever, but especially not now. My feelings were all over the place when he grabbed my hand, my heart was going wilder than a frat party and when his nose brushed over mine I couldn't breathe anymore, my mind only thinking about the taste of his lips. I wanted it so badly but I couldn't do it, not even when suspecting Zander was cheating. Doing that would have made me just as bad.

I was allowed to go home, and I was beyond relieved, quickly grabbing my stuff, so I could go home. Go home? Where's Jules? I was confused and disappointed when Jules was nowhere to be found. Instead, a worried Zander came around the corner and into the room, instantly wrapping his arms around me. "What are you doing here?" I frowned into his embrace, pushing him back slightly to look at him.

He let go, cupping my cheeks to take a good look at my bruised face. "Aw, baby... Are you okay?" He whined and his attitude was actually scaring and confusing... A few hours earlier he was ignoring me like the plague and now he's the worried boyfriend?

"I said, what are you doing here?" I repeated, frowning at him while his thumb brushed over the cut on my forehead, my reflexes making me pull away. The look on his face when I did was more than sad and disappointed, a reaction to what looked like me being repelled by his touch.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, looking down, his hands falling to his side as he took a step back. "Please, let me take you home, so we can talk about what happened." He looked at me through his eyelashes, defeated and torn. "Please?" He said carefully, while his fingers felt for mine, lacing them around my hand to pull me closer. His sweetness made me smile a little, the way he showed he cared making my heart swell. "When Jules told me what happened, I dropped everything." He looked up, shaking his head, the worry still surrounding him. "I was worried sick and I just knew that if something happened to you when we left things like we did, I would never forgive myself. Please baby, talk to me, I really want to make things right." He whispered softly while pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, his hand swiftly going to the back of my neck to pull me inside his arms again. "Please, I'm sorry." He whispered into my forehead before softly kissing it and it broke all my defensive barriers.

"I do want to talk." I muttered against his chest while my arms wrapped around his waist. "I also want get out of here as fast as possible." I whispered, not wanting to spend any longer in this damn hospital.

"Sure, I'll drive you home." I felt him smile against my skin, his fingers softly caressing the back of my neck.

"Just one thing, where's Jules? Did you see him when you got here? I want to say thank you for taking me to the ER." I looked up at Zander, his face instantly torn in a grimace.

"He said he had better things to do than to waste his time waiting in a hospital." He shrugged his shoulders while the disappointment engulfed me. Oh... Oh okay. So, we're obviously nothing to each other then. Good to know, so one thing less to worry about. I sighed away my sarcastic thoughts, letting myself lean into Zander's side as we walked to the car.