KANNIYUM ...KAALAIYUM....!

So it happened so smoothly and effortlessly .

Mullai was the kind of girl who never held expectations beyond her reach . As well her parents and her siblings were her world .
As with any other typical middle class Tamil ponnu in early twenties she did nod her head when her father explained her about her marriage proposal and his consent for it .
So did Parvathi _ except for the fact that the groom was too rich compared to them .
Parvathi wasn't a greedy mother after all .
Though she knew her daughter was invaluable than a gem , she did have that motherly instinct and an insecurity on knowing about the wealth of the groom ..

But once after Ranganathan s family had come and the way Periyanayagi mingled with all of them , Parvathi s fear was reduced more than half .

Still a small part of her heart was yearning to know about the Groom's decision .

When she expressed her fear through her husband , it was Ranganathan who gave her His word !

Ranganathan : Panam ....anthasthu paathu naanga Mullaiya ponnu kekalama .
Unga ponnu Thangama eruka .
En peranum apadi than .

Parvathi : Athullainga .....mama, she involuntary addressed the elderly man so which instantly earned her a good name .

Ranganathan continued .

Ranganathan : Appanu vaayaara koopta ...apuram enna ma ?
Itho enga rendava maapla , Skandan ...erukarulla , awara en ponnu paathathu ,en mothal maapla than.
Athavathu un marumagan oda appa !
Awar kaikaatinavarku marupechu illama naan en ponna katti vaachen.
Moonavathu eruka ponnukum awar paatha maapla than.
Ivlo yen , en oraae paiyyanku , awaroda sontha thangachiya , kaati tharenu sonathum en maapla than !

Mullai who was hearing this didn't know why he was explaining all these details .

But it was Ranghanathan s explanation for it that convinced Parvathi and Murugan' .

Ranganathan : En mothal maapla , Pandian ...enaku marumagan illa , Enoda sontha Magan maathri !
Thoon maathri enaku eruntha manushan .
Awar eruntha varaikum awar vaarthaiya meeri naanga onum senchathu illa !
Awarum , intha Kudumbathoda mothal magan ah erunthu than kadamaiya senchaaru .
Panam ...vasathinu laam naanga paaka maatoom .
Enaku , " manushanga " mukkiyam !
Athae valli than en peranum !!
En maapla sonna vaarthai "suthamnu " , nambinaven naan !!
Ipo athae nambikaiya en peran en mela vachrukaan .
Perumaiku sollala , unmaiyaavae en peran en pecha meera maatan .

Murugan : Appa ....

Ranganathan : En vaarthai than antham da , Muruga !

That was enough .

Murugan was convinced .

Not only him , even Ranganathan was very sure of his grandson and gave his word .

It was Pandian who selected Dr.Skandan for Saraswathi .
Apart from his medical degree and a neat clean character , Skandan didn't possess much wealth .

But Ranganathan accepted it believing Pandian s word .

Now he held the same faith and confidence in his grandson .