உழைப்பும்; உளைச்சலும்

The day started off as a normal one but turned hectic as time passed by .

Though Mr.Ranganathan was  expected to be taken up for surgery at the earliest no one expected things to take a sudden twist .

The elderly man was  constantly monitored and was planned to be taken up that weekend only . There was problem with his renal parameters that needed to be put under control before shifting him to OT .

But inspite of meticulous monitoring things went a bit out of hand .

Kathir had work at the main office at Chennai the day before and had left to the capital city .

He had had this routine of visiting the Chennai offices in person twice in fortnight though he was effectively managing his business online itself.
But he strongly believed that nothing works like his physical presence _ after all his business was part and parcel of his life .
So whatever unhostile the situation was he made it in person .

On that  day , Kathir had just returned from Chennai .

Since Murugan'  was to be discharged on that forenoon , Kathir had taken the wheels straight to his Trichy office from the airport .

Having cleared all the bills wrt Murugan' s treatment he had given the responsibility of picking up Parvathy to his nephews ,  and had planned to travel along with Murugan' to drop him at their Musiri home . Hari was to accompany him . Kathirangan had asked them to come over to Rangan palace itself , Murugan' being the shy father in law ,had feebly requested to shift to his own home at Musiri itself .
Of all , Murugan' hadn't known the changes in his son in law . He had thought of Kathir' to be still the proud peacock he once was .
Already suffering with an untold complex ( since his SIL had paid bills ) Murugan' didn't want to embarrass his daughter more . He thought going to Musiri itself would be a better idea .
Though Kathir' didn't acknowledge his idea at first , he accepted to it on Sadha ' s insistence .
Sadha , knowing about  his friend  Murugan' had asked Kathir' to do as per his wish .

But things took a change when the shocking news of Mr . Ranganathan's attack arrived .

It was Uma and Mullai who had noticed the difference in Ranganathan' and called him .

Mrs.Periyanayagi fainted on seeing her better half near to collapse .

Narmada was shocked on seeing both her parents .

Unfortunately Skandan wasn't there at home .

The rest were kids .

So once Kathir got this call ,he dumped off all his work at Trichy office and rushed home..

On the way itself he called up their surgeon ,

The cardiac surgeon insisted on immediately going ahead with the surgery , inspite of a very guarded prognosis .

The risk had to be taken at any cost ,

And this time ,they really didn't have the breathing time too.

One brilliant idea Kathir had done was to rent a fully equipped ambulance ,on daily basis with the staff needed .

So they were readily awailable to give first aid and shift Mr Ranganathan , within the golden period itself .

As whilst transporting his grandfather , Kathir' called up his uncle Sadha , informed him and picked him up on the way .

He knew that only Uma would be able to take care of Periyanayagi in such a critical situation . Uma , being the stable minded , responsible daughter in law of the household ,hid her apprehension and took charge of things at home .