KAARUNYAYMUM.. KANTHARVA KANNANUM ...!

That day dawned in as usual for Mullai .

She didn't know it was his parents' ANIVERSARY date until Uma had called her .

As by routine she cooked the required menu for him along with the assistance of Ramesh' s wife and a simple meal for herself .

This was something decided again by Mullai herself once they started living together under the same roof ,after all the hustle _ bustle customs of the newly weds were over and all the relations had left .

Meena , Ramesh' s wife was a good cook by nature and was experienced in all cuisines . She was trained under Uma in Chennai .
So Uma had asked her to shift along with Ramesh to cook and help Mullai at Trichy .
There were one more helper and a gardener who looked after the outside chores of RANGAN PALACE .

But  Mullai who by now had no other work in that big house was bored to the core . As well she didn't want to be a dumb load riding on his back . She knew he worked as hell . He was not looking after business at Trichy but also overseas and Chennai . Just that he stayed here itself long .
So instead of staying idle in that big bungalow ,she had decided to do some work and live there . Something like a job _
So Mullai took up the work of  cooking three meals for him _ 
Uma helped her with  his regular menu and Meena had conveyed the pattern of dining at Chennai .
It was quite different from Mullai s home .

The typical British breakfast which started with toast and fresh brewed beans coffee , followed by a heavy breakfast with bacon and sausages , eggs ,baked beans with some bread ; alternating with either North Indian or South Indian cuisines were totally alien to the middle class life of Mullai .

She was used to the typical idli/ dosa sambar or poori/ chapathi one at a time in a day .

Three cuisines plattered on the dining table and the luxury of choosing either cuisine as per his choice was something strange to Mullai .

But she kept quiet after knowing it was the customary for the whole family even at Chennai home also .

(Authoru: Ahaan ..Dhoraiku vayatha nerapa yethachum saapta aagaathoo ? Variety kekuthu unaku variety ?
Naana eruntha soothula vestha vachrupen 🙄🙄🙄)

As well ,Uma had asked her not to bother about it .
Kathir was brought up that way in his boarding Anglo Indian convent that he was more used to a mix of Continental / British  kitchen rather than the Typical South Indian one .

The  menus prepared for lunch too were different for her intially .

Roasted chicken pie , hamburgers , steak , minced meat and onion , sea foods , black puddings and roasted vegetables were again strange to her .
Pulses and grains too lined up the table .
Ofcourse  the Typical Tamil lunch was a must daily but the choice was left to him !!!

And  everything was calculated in calories and balanced in  energy .

His food habits were somewhat methodical and alien to the otherwise big tongued Mullai .

She was carefree when it came to food though she was slightly on the plumpy side .

As well the menu by itself in that household  looked extravagant _ for her atleast .

But,

Mullai made it a point to work and eat her own bread .
Cooking came with ease for her _ she learnt it from Meena and prepared it ten times tastier than her .