MUDIVUM ....MUTHALUM !

CHENNAI

IT WAS THE NIGHT AFTER THE RECEPTION WAS OVER

Kathir was standing in the dark starring at the deep blue ; star studded sky .

Well ,

It had been 3_4 days since his unwanted , unecessary marriage .

Except for the first night there was no interaction between him and her .

After explaining his stand that night he had just left his room to spend the night in solace .

Finding it congested in his spacious room ,  he went to the balcony to get some peace of mind .

Alas ....he was totally blank that night .

The jetlag and the sudden turn of events since he landed in Trichy had tired him as hell .

Kathir wasn't getting an ounce of peace of mind that night .

An unknown security had engulfed him since things went out of his hand in that marriage .

For the very first time in his life he felt his parents should have been alive _ they for sure  would have asked him, atleast once,  his opinion about his wedding !!

With such thoughts surging through and through , not wanting to speak more with her ,he lay in the swing that was fitted in the open balcony amongst the bushes .

Looking at the dark sky above he slowly dozzed but only to enter a disturbed slumber .

To be honest to heart he yearned for some comfort .

The peace sleep wasn't within his reach .

As he was half asleep only he felt it _ a soft touch , a motherly carress ... running through his hair !

He could feel the warmth even in that sleepy state .

Who was it ?

His mother !!!

Who else could it be ?

He thought in that half sleep itself .,as he couldn't even open his heavy hooded lids .

He felt as if she had descended down from the sky on looking at her son loathing alone in such agony .

The  soft palm reached out to his forehead in soft carresses that eased his disturbed heart .

With the turbulence inside him settling down quietly he slept in peace .

Not only that night ,

Kathir felt a sense of calmness filling him inside the day next too .

He didn't possess that bad temper nor  the bitterness he experienced the previous day .

Surprising his insides quitened the day next though he was still unhappy and angry with his wedding .

He didn't get to see much of his supposed wife .

He didn't bother either .

With the whole household treating her as the princess ,she would be happy to be in their company .

Once or twice even when he got a glimpse of her ,he didn't speak much .

Surprisingly she too stayed away from him .

He was much happy with that _ atleast she wasn't fussy .

She had tried to pacify him the previous night but on finding out he wasn't yielding to her antics she must have decided to play it low intially and then come back to him .