sick

"you know, when you said you wanted more off days, I wasn't expecting you to go out and get sick." I said sitting across from bucky in the living room area of the tower. "You act like I meant to get sick, doll." He said groggy. I just laughed and carried on watching my show.

I looked over and noticed Bucky had discarded his blanket, yet he was shivering. I walked over and lightly touched his forehead. He hummed content at the coldness of my hands. " That feels nice." He said moving my other hand to his cheek. "Buck, you know you have a metal arm right?" I asked slightly blushing. "Yeah, but your hands feel better."

I sighed. I've had the biggest crush on Bucky since forever. Steve had told me stories about him and showed me pictures from back when the war was still going on. I remember wanting to meet him so badly. Just not the way I did.

"I'll get you a wet rag for your forehead." I said moving my hands off of his face. I heard him slightly whine and blushed. "Hurry back." He said with a sneeze in between.

I came back with the rag and gently placed it on his head. He smiled and took my hand in his. "Thank you." He said. "Of course." I went back to sit on the couch across from him before he grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him. For being sick he was still pretty strong. "Seriously?" I asked looking up at him. He looked at me with a smirk on his face. "What? You're the perfect cuddling size." He said holding onto me tight. I had to hide my face in his neck because I could feel my face heating up. But that could also be from his fever.

I laid there for a few minutes before I looked at him. He looked peaceful for once. His long hair covered his face and his lips were slightly parted. Here I was, seeing the cold, brutal, notorious winter soldier in his most vulnerable state. I took a moment to rest my head on his chest and enjoy our close proximity. But then I noticed he was just heating up more.

I tried to shake him awake but it wasn't working. I then tried shifting in his hold to see if he would stir. It slightly worked but he fell right back asleep. I sighed and maneuvered out of his hold. He then noticed I was gone and looked at me with the saddest puppy dog eyes. "Come back." He said reaching for my hand. 'this man wants me dead' I thought to myself.

"You're overheating. Go take a shower and I'll start on something to eat." I said placing a hand on his shoulder. "Why don't you come with me?" He smirked. My eyes went wide and I blushed. "Y-you can take care of yourself, Bucky." I said walking away, only for him to catch me once again.  "Im not strong enough to wash my hair." He said. "But you're strong enough to hold me against you?" I asked. "Those are two different strengths, doll." His breath was on my neck and I shivered. 'hes sick, he's tired, he doesn't know what he's doing.' I tried to remind myself.

I had Bucky run the water while I started on something for him to eat. I was gonna make chicken noodle soup the way his mom made it. Steve taught me the recipe. Before I could even start I heard him call me from the bathroom. I walked in and there he was, in the tub surrounded by bubbles. 'at least he put bubbles in it.'

I grabbed a cup and filled it with water and lightly poured it over his head. I rubbed some of his shampoo in his hair and massaged it into his scalp. He groaned a little which halted my movements. "You okay, doll?" He asked. "Fine." I said continuing. I washed that out and put some conditioner in his hair. "Let that sit for a minute. I'll be right back." I said getting up from the floor. He nodded and leaned back.

After I got the soup started I came back and Bucky was half asleep. I shook him lightly. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. "I don't think a bathtub is the best place to fall asleep, Buck." He shrugged. I washed the conditioner out of his hair and helped him out of the bath. He kept his boxers on, which, when wet, left nothing to the imagination.

I quickly handed him a towel. "I'll get you some clothes." I said quickly rushing off. I grabbed his red Henley, which I've wanted to steal several times, and a pair of sweatpants. I knocked on the door. "Are you decent?" I asked through the door. "As decent as you left me." I internally sighed and let myself in. He luckily had a towel around him now. I handed him the clothes and left.

While he changed I finished up the soup. I made two bowls and sat them on the counter. He then walked in dressed besides his shirt. "I gave you a shirt." I said trying not to stare. "I'm still a little warm." He said nonchalantly. He sat next to me and dug into the soup. After one spoonful his eyes went wide and he looked at me. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing! It's just that...is this my mom's recipe?" He asked barely above a whisper. Tears filled his eyes.

"Yeah. Steve gave me the recipe. I figured it would help." I said lightly. "I didn't mean to upset you.". I added in. "You didn't upset me, I just wasn't expecting it. That's really kind of you, doll." He said placing a hand on my cheek. "It's the least I could do."

It was silent for a while. "You know, my mom always made this when Steve and I got sick. Steve more than me obviously. It got to the point where she taught him how to make it because he needed it so much." I smiled with him at the memory.

After we finished he picked me up and carried me to the couch. "Not again?" I fake groaned. I was actually looking forward to it. "You're keeping me company." He said sitting me down on his lap. "What if I get sick?" I asked. "Then I'll happily nurse you back to health."

While cuddling him I got kinda cold. He looked at me and handed me his shirt from earlier. I smiled and slipped it over me. It was oversized and smelled like him. Just how I was hoping it would be. I placed the collar over my nose to keep the smell consistent.

"If we don't have any missions this weekend, would you let me take you on a date?" You were confused. 'hes loopy and sick y/n.' I kept that in mind. "Sure, what kinda date?" "Just you and me in my room, movie night." He said. "Sounds fun." I said yawning. He smiled and leaned back until he was laying on the couch. "Nap time." He said lightly.

After a couple days, Bucky was well again and back to his old self. No mentions of his sick day was brought up. I was in the kitchen alone. I felt two arms wrap around me and jumped. I looked behind me and there was bucky. Smiling into my neck. "Hey, doll." He said sending shivers up my spine. "Hi, Buck." I said back. "You know I was being serious the other day, right. We still have that planned for tonight." He said resting his hands on my hips. "And I knew what I was doing all day that day too." He said smirking.

I blushed hard. Everything he said and did he meant! "And I also noticed you never gave my shirt back." He said. I just stayed still biting my lip. "Wear it and something comfortable tonight." He said kissing the side of my head and walking off.

That man was literally going to be the death of me.