31

31

Nang malagpasan si Violeta ni Chris ay mabilis na binalot ng galit ang matandang babae. Rinig na rinig niya ang naging usapan ng mag ama lalong-lalo na ang huling parte. Hindi siya makapapayag na sa isang araw lamang ay masisira ang kanyang pinaghirapan ng ilang taon.

Humahangos siyang pumapasok sa pribadong opisina ng kabiyak kung saan naabutan niya itong nanlalaki ang mata sa gulat habang hawak ang sa tingin niya ay larawan ng isang ultrasound.

Napatingin ito sa kanya.

"What the hell did I just heard? You're enthrusting the company to Chris again?" galit na tanong ni Violeta. Nanlilisik ang mata. Hindi matanggap na darating itong araw na dahil sa isang binabae na naman ay masisira na naman ang kanyang buhay.

"It's for the better." Tugon ni Christopher. Hindi pa rin makapaniwala sa mga rebelasyong nakuha mula sa anak. Hindi niya pa tiyak kung totoo ba ang sinabi nito patungkol sa kanyang dating minahal. Sa nag iisang taong kanyang minahal. Dahil kung totoo iyon ay hindi niya mapapatawad ang kanyang sarili. Iniwan niya ito para kay Violeta at Chris and the fact that he never check on his old lover, made him the biggest piece of shit in the entire world.

"How is this for the better? You removed me from the position without even telling me! You don't have the right to do this to me, Christopher!" malakas na sigaw ni Violeta mula sa kabilang panig ng pribadong opisina.

"I have all the right to do what I just did." Kalmadong tugon ni Christopher pero ang kanyang isip at dibdib ay hindi mapakali. He wants answers to all his questions. How did August get pregnant? And if ever that is true. He might have gotten Ulysses pregnant too. Napalunok siya. "The legacy of Carters is on the line. I couldn't risk it."

"Is this how you are going to pay me?"

"Cut it, Violeta!" pagputol ni Christopher sa asawa. He was not in the mood to bicker with his wife. They are both too old for that shit.

"I am your WIFE, Christopher! The mother of your child. The least thing you could do is trust and respect me. How could you remove me from the position so easily?"

"I said cut it! Didn't you remove our son from the position too without even asking for my consent? All of it because our son is dating August, right?" tanong ni Christopher and he knows he hit a nerve when he saw how Violeta turned red. "Grow up, Violeta. I left Ulysses because you told me I got you pregnant. I should be the one who should be mad here! You tricked and took advantage of me. You know it was Ulysses that I love, but I left him for you. I waited for a whole damn year just to see you and our child. I stayed with you, even married you. But you're still insecure and you're projecting it in our son!"

"It is because you never love me!"

"I tried, okay." pag amin ni Christopher.

"But you never did! Because of a fucking faggot! And now, another faggot is ruining my life again." Natigilan si Violeta nang ibato ni Christopher ang bote ng alak sa pader sa kanyang likod. Rinig na rinig niya ang malakas na pagkabasag ng bote.

"Don't talk to them like that." Mahina ngunit may bantang usal ni Christopher.

"And what?" nakangiting tanong ni Violeta. "You think I will be scared, Christopher. I already lost everything. Actually, I never gained anything. You and your son are the same. You two are more willing to take the side of those faggots than the woman who gave everything for the two of you."

"Get out of my office, I can't deal with this right now."

"This is not the end of this, Christopher." banta ni Violeta. "If my life would be ruined, I will drag you too. Hell hath no fury than woman scorned. You, your son, and those two faggots will pay for this. I will give you a day to put me back in position."