-Chapter One-

"Congratulations students, I now pronounce you all graduates!" The whole crowd cheered, the room shook, and suddenly I realized that I had done it.

"WE OUT THIS BITCH!" Me and my best friend, Breanna, yelled hugging each other.

I was free. No longer a high school student but a high school graduate. Going to the college of my dreams, Howard University. Life couldn't get better.

But it definitely could get worse.

———

"Revoked? How can my scholarship get revoked?" I questioned the lady sitting in front of me. She sat her glasses on the top of her head and stared into my eyes. Like she was trying to get into my soul to help me understand the words that were coming out of her mouth.

"Cheyenne,  I mean we're taking back your scholarship. The way you present yourself on social media is not a representation of our foundation and what we stand for. I'm not saying anything is wrong with how you choose to express yourself, we just do not agree and are choosing to disassociate ourselves."

I just stared at her, my heart pumping out of my chest. I know I'm no saint, don't let this angelic face fool you, especially not on twitter but damn. The whole scholarship. The whole 4 year, full ride, scholarship.

I nodded my head as tears started to form. I wanted to cry but I also wanted to punch this lady dead in her face. What the fuck was I going to do now? I'm sure as hell not telling my parents. Or any member of my family for that matter. I was supposed to be the first person to go to college and make a name for myself. I was their problem child who got held back in the 9th grade twice, finally doing something right. (Don't judge me, I was boy crazy and unmotivated as hell unless there was a fine teacher teaching my class).

But I finally got my shit together. I was supposed to make my family proud. I was supposed to graduate and make six figures. But now that's dead. And so am I.

She apologized for the inconvenience, and excused herself. I got up from my chair and left the office building ready to flip shit over and set it on fire on my way out.

As soon as I got outside I called my bestfriend.

"Bitch we need to get fucked up."

—————

"Whats wrong ma?" She asked watching me as I took another shot.

"I lost it..."

"Lost what? Cause your virginity been gone for 4 years so what are you saying?"

I rolled my eyes. "My scholarship bitch! I lost it!"

"Do you need me to help you look for it or something? Like I'm lost..."

"I swear you are the dumbest person I know. The foundation took away the scholarship. They are not giving me money. I am broke. I can't afford college."

She stared at me like a deer caught in headlights. "Are you serious?"

I drank straight from the bottle again. "I would not joke about this man. I don't know what the fuck to do. I can't tell my family that I lost this scholarship. They just threw me that big ass graduation party and announced to the entire family how proud they were that they wouldn't have to pay for my college tuition."

"I mean I guess you're gonna have to do what the rest of us have to do and take out loans."

"Bitch I will strip before I take out loans. They follow you through life adding interest out the ass. I don't have time to be worried about paying for school 30 years after I'm no longer in school. I just need to get my hands on the first semesters tuition while I figure this out."