-Chapter Three-

"Okay so now, you have to figure out which formula to use to find the voltage for this circuit." Kyle stated pointing at the diagram on the white board we had been staring at for the last 3 hours. He was trying to help me study for one of my electronics classes but it seemed like a foreign language to me and I was over it.

"Can we just go eat now?" I pouted. He smiled at me, "That pout may work on me but it's not going to work on your teacher when you have to take this test tomorrow."

I glared at him. "Well how do you expect me to learn on an empty stomach?!"

He threw his hands up and walked away from the board. "You have a point. What do you have a taste for?"

"Pizza sounds soooo good right now."

"Alright now, you are about to turn into a pizza in a minute!" He came over to me and grabbed my hand. "Let's go mamas I know how you get when you're hungry."

We went to the student center and grabbed our food and then took a seat at one of the tables. Kyle was just picking at his food not really saying anything to me, but I could tell he wanted to.

I dropped my pizza and stared at him. "What is it?"

"Well... we've been doing this thing for a couple weeks now and I think it's time we go on a real date." He smiled at me nervously.

"Is that it?" I grinned. "You were scared to ask me on a date?" I laughed. He really was so cute and so sweet.

He shrugged. "I mean yeah, Chey... I really like you."

"I like you too Kyle." He moved in and kissed me as soon as I said his name. I kissed him back but broke away remembering we were literally in the middle of the student center.

"Okay, so how about this weekend?" He looked hopefully.

I sighed remembering that I was going out of town with Clifford this weekend. "I can't," I bit my lip getting ready to lie. "I'm going home this weekend since it's a long weekend and everything."

He nodded his head looking kind of disappointed. "But if you want... we can go out tomorrow so you can cheer me up after I fail this test that you sucked at preparing me for."

"You're not going to fail," He rolled his eyes. "And if you do, it ain't on me. But a date tomorrow sounds great. I already know what we're going to do, you just have to get dressed and be your pretty self."

My heart fluttered at the thought of going on a date. This would be the first date I've been on since me and my ex broke up. I was nervous but also very excited.

—————

"Okay, let me see... turn around?" Bre said on the other side of the phone. We were on facetime and she was helping me get ready for this date. "I think this is the one Chey. You look bomb!"

I stared in the mirror at my jean shorts and long sleeve button down shirt that I had unbuttoned to show my cleavage. It definitely was sexy, but I didn't want it to be too much.

"Are you sure Bre? I don't want to be doing too much now."

"Girl please, you look good. I know Kyle is going to think so too."

"Alright," I sighed. "Let me finish getting ready and I'll call you tomorrow."

We hung up the call and I finished putting finishing touches on my make up and then tied up my strappy high heels.

Kyle texted me letting me know that he was down the street. I made my way downstairs and searched for his car. He was standing outside wearing a white t shirt tucked into some plaid pants. He had on a gold chain and a bouquet of flowers in hand. He grinned at me as I walked towards him.