-Chapter Fifteen-

Two weeks had gone by and I hadn't heard from either of my parents. It did bother me, I won't lie, but I was trying to make peace with it.

"Yeah Bre, I don't know... I haven't heard from them since I left." I sighed into the phone. "I don't think I'm going to go home for Christmas at all."

"Do you think that'll just make things worse?"

"I don't know... or maybe it'll help. Maybe we just need some space." I shrugged as I leaned back on the couch.

"But isn't the space what they were mad about in the first place?"

"Well my dad told me I couldn't come back there so I don't have too many options."

"You know how your pops is, and you know he didn't mean you could never come back. You just have to come back the right way."

"Bre I'm not kissing my dad's ass to get him to let me come home for the holidays. Either he wants me there or he doesn't, I'm not doing all that begging shit."

"Alright Chey," She sighed. "Atleast reach out to your mom and see what she thinks."

I rolled my eyes at the thought of my mother who didn't have enough back bone to stand up for me. She would probably say she wants me to come home for Christmas and then just sit there with nothing to say as my dad disrespected me.

I finished catching Bre up on Tati being pregnant. And then I told her about Clifford and I saying 'I love you' for the first time.

"He said what?!" I could hear the smile on her face. "Oh my God, what did you say?!"

"I said it back." I bit my lip.

"Awwwwwwww," She sighed. "I'm mad I missed this. My best friend in love again... never thought I'd see the day."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes. "But yeah, that happened. And it felt so right Bre I just... I don't know. Everything about being with Clifford feels right, until I think about explaining it to my parents."

"Damn," She sighed. "I really hate that... I know how it feels to not be accepted by my parents and that shit sucks." Bre's parents weren't accepting of her sexuality and that put a strain on their relationship all throughout high school, so she definitely knew how I was feeling right now.

"Hey baby," Clifford came into the living room and gave me a kiss. He was all sweaty from the gym. "Hey Bre." He said leaning into the phone.

I put the phone on speaker so that he could hear her. "Hey Cliff! How you doing my guy?"

"I'm aight. Been working hard so I can take care of your girl right here." He sighed dramatically.

"Imma pray for you, I know she's a hand full." Bre laughed.

"You ain't lying."

"Oh y'all both can kiss my ass," I laughed. "Imma call you tomorrow Bre."

"Okay love, byeeeee!" She said before hanging up the phone. I laid back down on the couch and wrapped the blanket around me.

"Nah get up," Clifford snatched the blanket off me.

I glared at him. "Why would you do that?"

"Cause you need to get up. You been moping around my house for weeks now, this needs to stop." He grabbed my hands. "You want to go shopping?"

"Not really..." I mumbled.

"Hold up," He put the back of his hand against my forehead. "Since when don't you want to go shopping?"