-Chapter Ten-

"Fuck," I groaned as I searched through my bag, receiving concerned looks from everybody at our table.

"What's wrong?" Alexis asked me.

"I left my laptop," I mumbled. "I was working on my paper all night, and I need to print it out for my class at 2."

"You didn't save it to the cloud?" Treyvon asked.

I shot him a glare. "Does it look like I know how to do that shit?" I snapped. I hated these computer science niggas alway thinking everybody was technically savvy like them.

"Well my bad, damn." He went back to eating his food.

I got up from the table and called Clifford. "Hey, are you still at home?" I asked. I really didn't want to walk all the way across campus to get in my car, drive to his house to get my laptop, drive back to campus and then have to search for parking again.

"Yeah I'm not leaving until later, what's wrong?"

"I left my laptop in your office. Can you please bring it to me?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in 10."

I sat down and finished eating my food until I got the text from Clifford that he was outside. I walked outside to see Clifford standing outside the truck with my laptop in his hand.

"You could've stayed in the car you know." I mumbled, grabbing my Macbook from him.

"My bad, am I embarrassing you?" He smirked. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I hugged him, still annoyed. "Thank you for coming, I'll see you later."

I turned around to see my whole table staring out the window at us. I rolled my eyes preparing myself for the questions.

"Yo how you know that nigga Cliff?" Marco asked before I could even reach the table.

I twisted my face up caught off guard. "Nigga, how you know Cliff?"

"That's a real nigga right there. An OG." Marco and Treyvon shot each other a look.

"Uh, what does that mean? Y'all know him from somewhere?" I asked.

"The whole hood knows him, whatchu mean?!" Marco laughed.

"Nigga you do not know him," Treyvon rolled his eyes. "Not even from over here."

"Well I know of him. And I know he ain't nothing to fuck with."

"Yeah that dude is really real." Treyvon agreed.

I just shrugged my shoulders and grabbed my bag off of where I was sitting previously. "Imma go print this paper out, I'll catch y'all later."

I spent the rest of my day trying to figure out what the hell Marco and Treyvon were talking about. At this point, I had to ask Clifford what was going on, who he was, what he did, something. I needed to know something.

————

I pulled up to the club and entered through the back. Once I laid my eyes on Clifford I walked straight up to him and grabbed his arm. "I need to talk to you. Now." I stated as I walked towards his office.

He followed behind me and closed the door.

"Clifford, I need answers, and I don't want the same 'you have nothing to worry about ' bullshit that you've been giving me."

"Baby, what is it?" He asked looking concerned.

"Clifford, are you a drug dealer?"

He pauses for a second and then let out a small chuckle. "Chey, where is this coming from?" He asked rubbing his facial hair.