-Chapter Six-

After that day outside the cafe with Tyreek and Kyle, Clifford asked me to come to his house so that we could talk. I guess Tyreek had told him what happened. I told him I would come over after I got out of class the next day.

Well now it's the next day and I was standing in my room pacing back and forth trying to figure out what I was going to say to Clifford. I knew I had to make it sweet, but also make my point. Even though Kyle didn't say much about it I knew that it made him mad, and I knew it made me look bad too.

I got up the courage to make the drive to Clifford's house. When I pulled up I noticed that there was another Escalade parked in the driveway. I knew it wasn't Clifford's because he always parked his Escalade in his garage next to his Bentley. I also peeped that the truck had New York tags. I just shrugged it off since Clifford had texted me prior telling me it was cool for me to come over.

I knocked on the door and rung the doorbell to make sure he knew I was here. The door swung open and Tati was standing in front of me. "Hey girl!" The biggest grin spread across her face as she pulled me into a hug. "Hey boo, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Unc, Cheyenne is here." I heard Tyreek call from in the living room. I peeked over Tati's shoulder to see Tyreek sitting on the couch. I rolled my eyes as I stepped into the house. "He's up in his room." Tyreek shrugged.

I made my way upstairs and knocked on Clifford's bedroom door. He opened up the door holding up a finger to let me know to give him a second. He was on the phone and it looked like he was already upset. This made me not want to even say anything to him about what happened yesterday.

"Yeah we'll figure it out, I'll come out there tomorrow morning to find out what's going on." He said as he hung up the phone. He took a deep breath as he shifted his attention to me. He didn't have his typical bright smile on his face today.

"Hi, Clifford," I spoke quietly, breaking the silence. He looked at me like he was deep in thought. "Cheyenne let me explain something to you," He said standing up. Here we go.

"I'm gonna do whatever it takes to protect you, in every way possible." He looked down at me, his face changing to a look of regret. "I'm sorry for sending Tyreek to your school. I was trying to make sure that you were good."

"But Clifford why did you think I wasn't ?" I asked.

"Your energy was off this weekend. I felt like there was something more than what you were telling me, something more serious, and I just had to be sure that you weren't in any real trouble."

"I have no reason to lie to you, at all. And I know you're here to protect me, if I had something serious going on, I definitely would let you know."

He nodded his head and sat back down on his bed. "I will have to take your word from now on. I want you to know that you can trust me."

"I do trust you, but yesterday was a lot. I can't have stuff like that happening anymore. Tyreek really caused a scene."

"I know and that's the exact opposite of what I wanted. I don't want to bring any unnecessary attention to you." He grabbed my hand. "It's not going to happen again. You have my word."

I smiled. "Okay Clifford, I forgive you."

"How can I make it up to you?" He smiled back at me.

"Well for starters you can feed me, I am starving."

"You're always starving," He chuckled as he led me out the room.

"Yo Chey..." Tyreek called before me and Clifford could walk out the front door, causing me to turn around. "I really am sorry for the scene I caused yesterday. I ain't mean to upset you." He said genuinely.