-Chapter Eighteen-

The second week of January was the start of my second semester of college. So much went on during last semester, I don't even know if I'm ready for this semester. I sat in the student center with the twins as they told me about their winter break in France with their grandmother. I listened to their stories as I went over my class schedule.

"Hey big head," Treyvon whispered in my ear as a he slid next to me in the booth, causing me to jump.

"You know I almost smacked the shit out of you right?" I grinned.

"Damn, that's crazy. You ghost us all break and now you acting brand new when we get back on camp."

"Oh hush, all of y'all left me here in D.C. alone."

"Your boy was still here," Marco grinned, referring to Kyle.

"Yeah y'all want to get beat up today I see." I rolled my eyes.

Kyle and I hadn't spoken at all but he and Taylor were constantly posting on instagram about their kid. She was getting pretty big and it seemed like Kyle was all about being a father now. I guess I'm happy for them or whatever.

"Sheesh tough crowd. Lighten up sis." Treyvon nudged me.

"Believe me when I say, I am not worried about him."

"Girl please." Alexis shot me a look like she didn't believe me. "Anyways, how much flex did y'all get?"

The conversation shifted to topics that I didn't really care about. It felt good to be back on campus around my friends, living a semi-normal life but I couldn't help but feel like school wasn't really for me anymore.

"So wait, where are you staying?" Trey asked me.

"Oh I got an apartment downtown." I stated trying not to make it a big deal.

"An apartment?" Andrea raised her eyebrows. "Downtownnn?"

"How the hell you afford that?" Marco asked.

I bit my lip. "The club I work at pays really good, and plus I get a good refund from my scholarship." I lied straight through my teeth. Luckily, these fools believed it.

"Shit I need to get a job at that club too!" Alexis giggled.

"All I'm hearing is a kickback at yo crib!" Trey and Marco dapped each other up.

"Hell no. We can have a little game night or something but that's it! Y'all not about to tear my shit up!"

"Girl, anyway." Andrea rolled her eyes. I noticed her energy shift and the smile slowly escaped her face. From the corner of my eye I could see someone walking up to the table.

"Wassup bro?" Marco dapped Kyle up.

"What's good, what y'all on?" He nodded at the rest of us.

"Not shit, just catching up." Trey said.

I rolled my eyes internally and turned my attention back to my phone. This niggas presence was really throwing me off. I could feel his eyes on me like he wanted to say something, but I didn't dare make eye contact with him.

I don't know what it was about Kyle, but I still had a soft spot way deep down in my heart for him. I knew I had to get over it, and I didn't know why I even still had that feeling about him. I was in love with Clifford and there was no doubt about that, but part of me wonders what me and Kyle could've been and what would've happened if he didn't have this baby on the way.