-Chapter Seventeen-

"Baby, you ready to eat?" I called to Clifford who had been laying in my bed all morning. He was acting like he was so tired from that new years party 2 days ago.

"Thanks mamas." He kissed my cheek and grabbed his plate from me.

I joined him at the counter and sat on the barstool next to him with my food. We ate in comfortable silence for a little bit until he spoke again.

"So you really want to go see that little super hero movie?" He asked me.

"One, it's not a little movie. It's the last avenger movie! Two, yes. I'm not spending the last days of my break in this house."

"Then let's go to the mountains. Go skiing or something."

"We can do that, but I still want to go to the movies." Normally I would go see superhero movies with my dad but since we weren't on speaking terms, Clifford would have to do.

He huffed like he was annoyed, causing me to shoot daggers at him.

I only had a couple days left of my winter break and I wanted to do something to get out of the house so I asked Clifford to take me on a date to the movies. This is not the type of date he was used to taking me on, but it's what I wanted to do so he agreed just to shut me up. He wanted to be fake boujie so bad but to me there was nothing wrong going on a movie date. Especially because the movie theater I liked was kind of boujie too, you could order a whole ass meal and have it brought to you right in the theater.

"Don't be blowing your hot breath over here," I rolled my eyes.

"I hope they get stuck in the back of your head." He chuckled. "Go get ready before I change my mind." He shook his head as he grabbed our plates and went to the sink.

The next movie showing was at 3 o'clock and it was already 1 in the afternoon so I hurried to take a quick shower. When I got out of the shower I threw on some jeans and a simple long sleeve shirt and combed down my hair that had been in a ponytail.

When we were both ready we went into the parking garage and got in Cliffords truck. "You got the tickets already?" I asked him.

"You know I don't know how to do all that." He mumbled as he drove off.

"You are not that old," I rolled my eyes. "Just making up excuses. But the joke is on you because there's seats left!" I smiled as I showed him my phone that had the seating availability for the movie pulled up. It looked like it was going to be pretty empty. I chose our seats and clicked submit just to be met with a page that said there was an error and we had to see a ticketing agent.

"Man," I sucked my teeth. "We gotta go to the ticket booth anyway."

"See that's exactly why I don't deal with that shit. Just let the person at the movies do their job and do it for you." He shrugged.

When we arrived at the movie theater Clifford parked the car and we made our way to the ticket booth. I told the girl at the booth what movie we were trying to see and where we wanted to sit. She handed me our tickets and we made our way into the theater hand in hand.

We quickly found our seats in the auditorium, to my relief the theater was pretty empty. I hated watching movies in crowded theaters. I browsed the menu to find the snacks and the drinks. Clifford was trying to act like he didn't want anything, but I ordered us a large popcorn and I got myself a water and him a beer. He was going to have fun today whether he liked it or not.