- Chapter Eight -

I woke up to the sound of a facetime call coming in. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and answered the phone so that the camera faced the ceiling. " Hello?"

"Girl I know you're not still in the bed, it is 2 o'clock!" Tati yelled. "Do you know what today is?! Get up, we got shit to do! I'll be there to get you in 45 minutes."

"Fine. Bye." I hung up. I hated being waken up. I rolled out of my bed and proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower. I stayed in my dorm room last night because Clifford was at the club all night getting ready for the grand opening party today.

I threw on some sweats and a crop top, and put my hair in a bun. Tati wanted me to run around with her to get stuff together for this party. She also suggested that I get Clifford a "congratulations gift" which I thought was a great idea because I literally have not gotten him one gift this entire time we've been together. Even though he was technically still my sugar daddy, and he would technically be funding this gift himself, I still felt like it would show my appreciation if I got him a gift.

Tati picked me up from my dorm and drove us to a shop downtown to pick up the party favors.

"Here is the last box," The girl at the register said as she handed Tati a box full of small gift boxes. Each guest was getting a custom Club Gemini shot glass.

"I do not get paid enough for this shit." Tati huffed as she struggled carrying the box.

"You better not drop them," I laughed. "Tyreek and Clifford gon be on your ass."

"They can both kiss my ass." Tati rolled her eyes as she sat the box in the trunk. I knew she would be so happy when this night was over. She had been running around like crazy for the last two weeks making sure that everything would be perfect for tonight.

"I still don't know what to get a man who has everything." I sighed as as I got in the passenger seat.

"Girl you already know Clifford is going to love anything that comes from you."

"I know but still, he does so much for me and I just want him to feel good tonight."

"Well let's go to the mall then, I know you'll be able to find something for him." She shrugged as she started the car.

We walked around the mall for hours, walking in and out of stores empty handed.

"Girl this is pointless, I don't know what this man likes." I rolled my eyes. We spent a lot of time together but the focus was always on me, so I really had no clue what he would even want.

"Don't ask me, Tyreek ass would be happy with some weed." She giggled. "Ooh you know what, let's ask Imani. She would know what to get since I'm sure she's gotten James some gifts before."

"Wait you're right." I facetimed Imani immediately.

"Helloooo," She sang into the phone.

"Hey girl," I grinned. "First of all, where the hell are you? Please tell me y'all are still coming tonight."

"Of course we're coming," She said as she flipped the camera to show me that they were in the car on the freeway. "We'll be there around 6 tonight." She flipped the camera back around.

"Okay perfect. Second thing, I need help thinking of a gift for Clifford."

"Chey that's easy... cuff links. All old niggas like cuff links, no offense babe." She laughed kissing James on the cheek.

"Wait you're right. You're a life saver." I grinned.

"Look at you getting your boo a little gift," She smirked.