-Chapter Five-

I woke up to an empty bed. I could hear the shower running and old 90's hip hop playing in the bathroom.

Shorty I'm there for you anytime you need me
For real girl, it's me in your world, believe me
Nuthin' make a man feel better than a woman
Queen with a crown that be down for whatever
There are few things thats forever, my lady
We can make war or make babies
Back when I was nuthin'
You made a brother feel like he was something
Thats why I'm with you to this day boo, no frontin'
Even when the skies were gray
You would rub me on my back and say baby it'll be O.K.
Now that's real to a brother like me baby
Never ever give my pussy away and keep it tight, aight?
And imma walk these dogs so we can live
In a fat ass crib with thousands of kids
Word life you don't need a ring to be my wife
Just be there for me I'm a make sure we
Be livin' in the fucking lap of luxury
I'm realizing that ya didn't have to fuck with me
But ya did, now I'm going all out kid
And I got mad love to give, you my nigga

Clifford was rapping along to the music. I loved hearing and seeing Clifford in his element, it made him feel more relatable to me.

The door swung open interrupting me from my thoughts. "Good morning beautiful," Clifford smiled. He was wearing nothing but a towel around his waist and I had to brush off the dirty thoughts that my mind was conjuring up as I stared at his glistening body. There was no reason this man looked this good.

"So, today is going to be kind of busy. I hope you got your rest last night."

"I definitely did, this bed had me sleeping like a baby." I laughed. "What is on the agenda for today?"

"We have to go to brunch in an hour or so. It might be some more business talk, but it'll be more causal than last night. And then there's a pool party later on tonight."

"Cool, sounds like it'll be a fun day."

He nodded in agreement. "You can go ahead and use the bathroom, I'm gonna get ready in here."

I stretched and got out the bed making my way into the bathroom to take a shower. In the shower I thought about last night. He seemed like he really did care about me. Yes, it was so weird that we were half naked in the bed together and nothing happened, but that made me respect and trust Clifford so much more.

Once I got out the shower I got dressed in my white sundress. Clifford was wearing a white short sleeve button up with cream colored pants. He definitely looked like somebody's uncle right now but he was still so fine.

"You look beautiful," He stared at me as I looked at myself in the mirror. "Let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

—————

As we stood outside the restaurant waiting to be seated for brunch, Clifford stood behind me with his hands on my waist.

"Hey y'all," Tyreek walked up dapping up Clifford and nudging me with his elbow. "Morning," I smiled.

When we got inside me, Clifford and Tyreek sat at a table to ourselves. I was eating my waffles listening to them talk as I heard a females voice behind me. "I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself to you yesterday, I'm Tati!" One of the ladies from the dinner last night greeted me. "Hey, I'm Cheyenne." I put my hand out for her to shake it but instead she pulled me into a hug. "I'm so glad to have another woman around. These men be driving me crazy." She rolled her eyes playfully.