-Chapter Twenty-Four-

"Oh shit!" Bre's eyes widened as I showed her the positive pregnancy test on facetime. "Are you serious Chey? This ain't a prank?"

"Look me in my eyes and tell me you think I'm joking." I said putting my red swollen cheeks and puffy eyes in the camera. "I haven't slept all night Bre, I don't know what to do. How to tell Cliff, if I should even tell him, because do I even want to keep it? I am so confused right now."

"Take a deep breath Chey, please you stressing me out."

I chuckled dryly. "Stressed ain't even the word girl. How did I let this happen? I'm twenty one years old with nothing to my name. What am I going to do with a baby?!"

"Well, not to be devils advocate, but you probably couldn't be having a baby with a better man. Just putting that out there."

I rolled my eyes because she was right. Me and this baby would be well taken care of, but that was not my only concern. I still hadn't told Bre everything about Clifford and I didn't think this was the time. Tati's concerns are starting to resonate with me heavily.

———

I held Tati's hand as I sat between her and Clifford, who had his arm around me. We were sitting behind Tyreek and his legal team as we waited for the judge to begin speaking.

Although I was here to support Tyreek I could not stay focused on anything anyone was saying. My mind was racing about the fact that I was pregnant. I never thought I would be in this situation. I don't know why I'm surprised, it's not like I'm on birth control or Clifford and I use protection. It just feels surreal.

I wanted to tell Clifford so bad but I just couldn't even think of a way to say the words. Plus today was already stressful enough with Tyreek's case and us finding out that he took a deal. I just didn't want to add more problems to the mix.

I snapped out of my trance hearing the judge bang the gavel. Tyreek plead guilty of assault with a dangerous weapon like he and his lawyer agreed. The Judge honored the plea deal and Tyreek was sentenced to the two years without possibility of parole, which started immediately. He kissed Tati who was being pulled away from him while he was being handcuffed. 

"It's all good mami. Imma be back home to you real soon baby. Unc I - "

"I got them Reek." Clifford nodded to him. Tyreek nodded his head back as the guards pushed him away.

I stood there frozen as Tati cried in my arms and the doors closed behind Reek. I felt my eyes start to fill up with tears but then my mouth started watering, and I knew I was getting ready to throw up.

"I need to find the restroom." I whispered as I ran out of the courtroom. I rushed into the women's bathroom and threw up as soon as I entered the first stall.

This was all too fucking much. I started to get hot and could feel sweat starting to form on my forehead. I pulled off my sweater and continued to hang my head over the toilet. Then I started to cry. And not a cute little silent cry. I was full on bawling and hyperventilating.

"Cheyenne?" Tati kneeled down next to me.

"Tati I'm - "

"Pregnant..." She whispered. "I knew it! I knew it," She half smiled. "Reek told me I was tripping but I saw it."

I sat down in the stall with my knees to my chest. "Fuck." I rolled my eyes. This just can't be my life.

"Everything is going to be okay Chey. Does Cliff know?"

I shook my head. "I just found out last night and it's just so much going on I couldn't say anything. I don't even know what to say to him. It's too much Tati."