-Chapter Fourteen-

The morning came, and I laid in the bed trying to decide what to do. It was clear that my dad was going to be a bitch the whole time, and it was clear that my mother was not going to defend me. What would be the point in me staying here, just to get bitched at for the rest of my break? I came to make things right with my parents but apparently my dad didn't want to hear anything I have to say.

I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. Then I threw on my nike tech sweatsuit and some 1's and tied my curly hair in a messy bun.

I grabbed my bags and was making my way downstairs when my parents bedroom door flew open. I was already half way down the steps.

"Cheyenne," I heard my mother's voice from the top of the stairs.

"Yes ma'am," I turned around to face her.

"You're leaving already?" She asked as she made her way down the stairs.

"Yeah mama, I have to go. I can't deal with dad when he's like this."

"I understand it's tense right now but I really think you should stay so we can all talk."

"No, let her go since she thinks she grown." My father appeared at the top of the stairs.

"I am grown." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" My father asked, standing in front of me now.

"I am grown." I repeated myself. "You said I think I'm grown, but I literally am grown. I make sure I'm good and taken care of. I don't ask or depend on y'all for anything. To me, that means I'm grown."

My mom's face looked shocked and my dad looked pissed but I couldn't care less. I said what I had to say and if they didn't have anything else to say I was ready to go.

"Now you're getting smart? You can get out of my house with that nasty ass attitude," My dad said as he walked passed me to the kitchen.

"Dad I came here to make things right with y'all because I know I haven't been talking to y'all as much as we would like. But I don't need to be here, I have somewhere to stay." I tried to remain calm without raising my voice.

My dad chuckled dryly. "We know you have somewhere to stay. We went up to your dorm to surprise you last week, and your roommate informed us that you hadn't slept there in weeks."

I rolled my eyes and made a mental note to cuss her out the next time I saw her.

"You wanna be grown, go be grown. I don't know where your fast ass has been staying, but stay there!" He glared at me from where he stood in the kitchen. "You cannot come back in this house until you're ready to respect us and respect yourself. We didn't send you to school so you could be out there acting like a whore!"

"A whore?!" I threw my hands in the air. "Are you forreal right now?! How can you call me a who're and you know nothing that's going on in my life. You just don't like that you don't have control over me and my decisions."

"You're right, I can't control you. But I can control what I allow in my house, so you need to get out."

"You know what... I was leaving anyway..." I mumbled as I grabbed my bags.

"Right, and I hope that little boy you're staying with loves you more than the parents you have been pushing away for him. I know you, and I know your fast ass is out there running behind some nigga and that's why you're suddenly so busy." He shook his head. "You couldn't wait to get from under our roof so you could do what you wanted. I've tried my best to guide you, but this is your life Cheyenne. Do what you want, I'm done wasting my breath." My dad loved to throw the fact that I was boy crazy in high school in my face. He swears that I'm always being "fast", but calling me a whore? Was he crazy?!