30

"Do you really have to go so soon?" She asked.

"Sorry but don't worry! I'll visit again later." replied Karl

"See you." spoke Corpse as he pulled Karl in for a hug.

"I'll miss you guys." mumbled Karl into Corpses shoulder. Mei gave him a sad smile before he returned it. Familiar smiles reflecting each other. They watched Karl's figure leave, the distance between them growing by the second.

"I LOVE YOU KARL! YOU'RE THE BEST! HAVE A NICE FLIGHT!" screamed Mei as strangers eyes turned on her. Corpse laughed, Karl turned back around

"I LOVE YOU TOO! THANK YOU BYE!" screamed back Karl. People hushed him before he shook his head at them turning back towards Mei giving her a bright smile before leaving. Karl walked further & further... Mei's vision could not reach.

"Why did you scream?"

"I didn't want to have any regrets."

"Regrets?" repeated Corpse

"You never know when you'll see someone again. So, tell them you love them. Because they might forget you do."

"You'll see him again." spoke Corpse as he placed his hand on her shoulder, comfortingly.

"I know."

"I didn't expect you to be so sentimental though." chuckled Corpse

"You learn something new everyday." shrugged Mei jokingly.

"No wonder people look up to you." spoke Corpse sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

***

Corpse was supposed to leave tonight. Which made Mei feel even worse. She knew that he couldn't stay forever but him staying at her place made her realize how much she missed living with someone. Having someone to rely on. Just someone around her. Existing.

"Do you miss Karl?" asked Mei as she drove.

"Of course I do." replied Corpse

"Already?"

"I missed him even when he was next to me." over-exaggerated Corpse with a light tone.

"Oh, I understand."

"And don't say already as If you don't."

"Okay Boss."

"Stop calling me that."

"Why?"

"Because It always reminds me of you know what."

"Oh? I don't, do tell." teased Mei

"No."

"Aw, don't be like that, boss! It's not like It's a big deal anyways, right boss?" started Mei as she leaned in closer "Boss, my wife left me." spoke Mei in a dull tone. Corpse pushed her away in annoyance.

"Keep your eyes on the road!" groaned Corpse before processing her last sentence. "Aren't I the wife that you speak of?"