35

Her eyes snapped open before groaning in pain. A headache forming... Mei had slept on the sofa after saying goodnight to Corpse. She was supposed to leave in the morning but she wasn't sure if she would.

Mei turned to the side, still laying on the sofa. Before she picked up her phone off of the coffee table. Checking the time.

two o'clock.

"What?" Mei blurted out as she rose up from off the sofa.

Not even minutes later...

"You're awake?" spoke Corpse, walking into the living room with an empty cup in his hands.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" asked Mei

"Uh, I didn't think you'd want to be woken up." He hummed quietly as he placed his cup into the sink.

"Why would you think that?"

"You were sleeping so peacefully, I couldn't ruin that." He sighed, picking up a plate then walking towards her.

"Whatever, It's not like I had anything planned." Sarcasm dripping from her tongue.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry, Mei." Corpse apologized as he placed the plate down in front of her. "Eat." He said.

"I'm kidding. And thank you." spoke Mei as she stretched.

"Could have never guessed." He spoke back, sarcasm now dripping from his tongue. Before sitting beside her on the sofa.

"Are you saying I have no life?" She gasped

"You're the one who said it, not me." He shrugged before giving her a smirk. Mei couldn't take her eyes off of him. She would never get used to his face, she knew they were in the honey moon phase but she doubted it'd ever end. Well, at least for her.

"I'll let it go because you're handsome." She complimented him before stabbing her food with a fork. "Thanks for the food!" She grinned before eating it slowly, painfully slow.

"You're annoying." He mumbled

"Hm."

"Why are you eating slow? What's that supposed to mean?" He asked

"I don't know for suspense?" She spoke in an unsure tone.

"Right..."

"Or maybe I'm insinuating that the food i stabbed will be you one day!" She spoke referencing a scene from the movie they saw.

"I wish we never watched Clemency." He sighed

"It was such a beautiful movie though."

"Beautiful? It was about murder, Mei. Murder."

"I know I know! But everything else was beautiful."

"You're crazy."

"Maybe."

Corpse stared at her, trying to read her thoughts. He was concerned that she had found some sort of comfort in the movie they had watched. He would understand if the movie had a happy ending but it didn't. Quite the opposite, she dies before reaching her goal.