31

"You can't stay the night?"

"No... I have a meeting for the songs i'm working on and I need to record." explained Corpse, patting her head lovingly.

"Ugh." groaned Mei with narrowed brows and turnt downwards lips.

"I'll visit whenever I have free time." reassured Corpse, his hand running down her hair. Mei leaned in, wrapping her arms around his waist. Corpse embraced her back, they started swaying gently to the side and back.

"I could visit you instead..." spoke Mei softly.

"Ah. We'll see, okay?" He pulled away quickly, It was almost unnatural, almost.

Mei's chest became heavy at his response.

"Okay." answered Mei with a sad smile. Pushing away her negative thoughts, saying her last goodbye as she watched his figure leave.

Not even a minute later...

CORPSE

i miss you already

A part of Mei wanted to be petty and ignore his text. And she had no idea why. Nothing bad had happened so why was she upset?

miss u 2

~~~

We've been over this before
Why can't I ever not worry?
Why do I overthink everything?
Why can't I just stop.

What even are we?
~~~

Mei had a scheduled stream for lore today. She had no idea what they'd be doing and had to improvise with whatever Quackity threw at her.

And so it began

"Do you know why I've called you here today?" asked Quackity, It wasn't really a question but Mei answered.

"Have I done something wrong?"

"Not yet."

"Then please do enlighten me, why am I here?"

"I'm giving you a mission."

"Oh? Do tell."

"As soon as he arrives I will explain."

"He?" She repeated.

And as If on que, Purpled walked into the building.

"Not the child." taunted Mei

"Not the old hag." mocked Purpled, standing by Quackity.

"How kind of you to join us Purpled."

"My pleasure."

"This isn't chick-"

"Anyways." coughed Quackity "I have a mission for both of you, and I hope you two agree to work together."

"You couldn't have picked someone more capable?" muttered Purpled

"Yeah, I agree with Purpled. Why didn't you pick Foolish for the job instead of someone who is so unprofessional and-"