Chapter 2

Zed

        Spirit

        Mustard

        Foxy

        Tilly

        Nala

        Spritzer

        Mistletoe      

        Holly          

                “Hey Soph, what’s up?” a voice asks as a head pops up over my shoulder randomly coming out of nowhere. Of course I know the voice instantly, its Dean, my best friend.

                He’s cute, and definitely hot. He’s got muscles and serious abs and a quiff of dark brown hair. He’s my best friend and has been for at least four years now so he knows me better than anyone I know including my twin brother who’s become so distant from me ever since that fire. But we all know that’s because he thinks that it was Dean that started it.

                “Nothings up.” I reply trying not to look at him because I know if I do then he will know I’m lying and I really don’t want to tell him what’s wrong with me. yeah he’s my best friend but he’s a guy and I am so not telling him it’s a girly issue that’s getting at me.

                “You really expect me to believe that? You’ve been changing mood all day and your desperate to get your riding done and want to sit down like you have a sore head or something but that’s not what it is.” He says standing in front of me now. His big brown eyes are looking at me showing his worry and curiosity and something else that I can’t quite understand. He’s only recently started showing this weird thing but I haven’t figured out what it means yet but I will, it’ll only take so long.

                “No but I want you to because I don’t wanna tell you the reason.” I mutter looking down at the ground to avoid his questioning stare. I know he’s working it out but then I also know that he’ll make me say it aloud.

                My stomach really is hurting right now and it’s taking all my will power not to bend over and stay there because it’ll relieve the pain.

                Dean takes a hold on my arm gently and pulls me across to a tack box which he makes me sit on.

                “But I wanna know what it is Sophie, it’s killing me to see you like this.” He mumbles brown eyes giving me a puppy look, of course I knew he’d pull this trick on me and it always works.

                “Fine… I’m, I have girly issues?” I say sounding more like a question but I can’t help it.

                “You can say it Sophie, I won’t judge. I’m a guy so I don’t know what it is like but I wanna be here for you.” He says he’s sitting down next to me and his warm breath tickles my face.

                “Ok, ok, I’m on my damn period. Are you happy now?” I exclaim as he grins in triumph, his face lighting up as he takes my hands and pulls me up to my feet. My body instantly curls a little at my stomach causing him to drop my hands and slide his arm around my waist.

                “Obviously not. I’m gonna finish the horses with Liam and you are going to go inside and take some pain killers and lie down, got that?” he asks leading me up to the house that my family stay in now.