Chapter 12

I wake up lying against Dean’s shoulder. His arm is around my head acting as a pillow and his body is turned facing me. He has a blanket over the top of him which is also over me. It wasn’t there last night so some nurse must’ve put it over us. My face is level with his and his lips are also level with mine. His lips up this close are full and pink, they look soft and kissable- did I really just think that? Oh whatever.

I look from his lips up his face, his cheeks have a slight pink to them and his eye lashes are long, touching his cheeks from where his eyes are closed because he’s still asleep. His dark brown hair is ruffled upwards in all directions and his breath falling in light but deep breaths on my forehead.

I slide an arm around his waist or as far as it’ll go without it being painful from my ribs hurting and I bury my head in the crook of his neck. He smells like horse and wood and hospital and a faded lynx is there as well. It’s his usual lynx whatever it is, I can’t ever remember, but it smells good.

I’m starting to get the distinct feeling that I like him. Or more, I’m starting to figure out that I like him. I like him more than I should. But I don’t want to like him because falling for him would be a massive mistake and I know it. He doesn’t want what I do and everyone knows it. He’s after a fling, rather than an actual relationship. And I have Louis, what about him though? I like him, yes but he doesn’t make me feel like what the douche lying next to me does but I can’t go there, I just can’t.

I’m pulled out of my thoughts when Dean’s head moves up a little. I look back up at him, catching his now open but sleepy brown eyes.

“Morning sleepy head.” I smile in a whisper not able to bring myself to disturb the quietness more than that.

Despite the fact that all I have thought about since I woke up is Dean, my body is killing me. The painkillers they gave me last night must’ve worn out because now my side and back are in flaming agony and where I must’ve banged my head is throbbing too.

“Morning back atcha.” he smirks back in a sexy low voice- OH MY GOD? What the HELL is with me right now? Hormone driven teen sitting right here in a guy’s arms, like eh…? Who happens to be my best friend? Great, internally blowing fringe out of face glaring up at the sky where God is meant to be helping me in life sitting on some lovely plush cloud.

I let my arms and face burry into his side for warmth and to hide my pain filled face. “Are you going to school today?” I ask my voice slightly muffled from his top.

“Um, Sophie? It’s half nine, or that’s what the clock says, what’d you think?” he smirks back looking down at me, his fingers playing with my hair. Why, strangely, do I like it when he does that? It’s weird.

“Well I didn’t see the clock. Does Dad know?” I ask looking up at him finding his brown eyes which give me the answer, yes.

“Yeah, he said I could stay in here coz he had to be at the yard and Liam was made to go with him.” He explains taking my hand and entwining our fingers together. Why am I letting him do this to me? Why, just why?

“Makes sense, thanks, for staying.” I smile as he starts to sit up a little, as much as me and the covers and the bed will allow him.

“No problem, I’ll go get us some breakfast, yeah?” I nod at him so he gets up, detangling himself from me before heading towards the door where he leaves.

A nurse walks in and asks questions about how I feel and where hurts and how much and then she does something with a clipboard at the end of the bed before leaving. That’s when my phones rings from the wooden bedside table. Picking it up, I slide the answer thing along without looking at who it is.

‘Hello?’

‘You didn’t look again did you?’ I hear the smirk in my brother’s voice, he knows I never look at my phones screen when I get phone calls.

‘No, you know me soo well.’ I smile back, ‘so what’d you want?’

‘How are you? I wasn’t allowed to stay.’

‘I’m fine, sore but fine.’

‘Good, don’t do that to me again. I didn’t know what to do.’

‘I won’t, promise.’

‘Oh and Louis asked about you, asked why you haven’t replied to him.’

‘Oh, tell him I’ll phone him after school or something, I just haven’t had the chance to look at my phone, I was pretty outta it last night.’

‘Yeah, will do, right, I gotta go. I’m at the toilets escaping maths.’

‘Thanks, have fun, I’ll talk to you later.’

‘No probs. Bye’

‘Bye.’

I hang up on my brother before looking at the texts from Louis.

‘Hey, hope you’re better soon xxxx’

‘You doing any better? Xxxx’

‘Sophie, you’re worrying me now xxxx’

So I open a text to him and start to type a reply, ‘Hey, sorry, I fell off when I went out on Foxy an in hospital now, should be out later so all’s fine xxxx’

Dean comes through the door backwards holding a cup holder with two cups with what smells like coffee and hot chocolate, he must love me. There’s a bag in his hand as well, the clear side showing that it’s doughnuts, yeah, so healthy Dean. Doesn’t he know we’re in a hospital?

“I got you hot chocolate and doughnuts.” He smiles throwing the bag to me where I catch it mid-air, that like never happens to me!

“You must love me, hot chocolate and food!” I do a whoop, whoop sort of thing at the end, with a victory dance as much as I can without it hurting. The nurse gave me painkillers but they still haven’t kicked in.

 “Something like that…” he says his eyes getting more serious when he says this making me think, what does he mean?