Chapter 27

Regy isn't too bad. I sit with Dean and Lola and then when we get into English Dean and I sit at the back which isn't too bad, he lets me sit at the side of the wall where I can see all the guys. Everyone's eyes are on me more than they should be and I can tell they're looking when they shouldn't be. It's only normal when a so called popular girl comes in wearing a pair of baggy joggies and a hoodie that's Dean's so is naturally massive on me so I can hide behind it.

Maths is a whole different story though. He wasn't in for English but he is in for maths and I don't know why. He's sitting in the seat that he was in with me when Dean and I fell out.

I stiffen as soon as I see him, someone walks into my back from behind me when I come to a dead stop unable to move, paralysed where I am.

Lola apparently walked into me because she's next to me within the second while Dean starts walking forwards with a deadly look in his eyes. I never know what to expect with Dean but going by the serious look on his face he's going to kill him. His jaw is set hard and his muscles rigid. His arms are extended slightly in the way guys look before they go in for a fight and it's clear that he wants a fight or to at least have the satisfaction of hitting him.

I would jump in front of him to stop him if I could but he's right there and no way am I going to go near him with my back to him, who knows what he'd do.

"Why are you three standing? Can you's sit down please." Mrs Memoir says with an angry voice as she stands up from her desk to walk to the front.

Louis sits there, smug smile plastering his face with his dark eyebrows raised in a questioning way. He's taunting Dean that much is clear and we all know that Dean is likely to go crazy. I'm surprised he hadn't already tried to hunt him down to kill him.

"Is there a problem here or something?" the teacher asks looking at us from the black board. Oh if she knew even the half of it.

"No, no problem." I stutter out somehow finding my voice as I'm staring at the boys. How could I ever like him? Why did I ever let him near me? "Dean, leave it, please. Just sit down." I beg looking at him and reaching my hand out to touch his shoulder which instantly gets him to relax a little.

"Sorry Mrs, just some people are idiots is the problem." He says before he's reaching back with his arm and sliding it around my shoulders leading me past the desk he's in so we can head to our seats which is directly behind him. I sit directly behind him in Dean's usual seat because there's a bigger chance of him turning around to speak to me if I'm in my normal seat; it just makes more sense to swap.

By the end of the double I'm not thinking about anything else other than that night. I can't see anything else. It covers the inside of my brain and is flittering through my head behind my eyes. Closing my eyes I put my head down on my hands which are propped up by my elbows on the table. My breathing isn't its normal steady rate but it's not as bad as it could be. I need to calm down.

I look up after a couple of seconds in hope that the teacher won't see but that's when she puts the pen down where it sits next to the board and then we're all packing up, I pack up slowly, my movements slow and steady like I'm trying to keep my breathing.

"Hey Sophie, so, what's up? You don't look like your normal 'I'm so perfect' everyday look... and I mean, joggies and a baggy hoodie, really? Is that really the style you're happiest in?" Louis's voice makes my head snap up and spin. His voice is low and seductive or meant to be and it makes everything swirl inside me.

It doesn't help me any to know that Dean has suddenly coiled up like a spring ready to just bounce. He's gonna snap very shortly and I don't know how much I'm going to be able to hold him back or for how long.