Chapter 5 (Sophie)

It’s Dean’s night off from the horses and my Dad left a note on the kitchen table for Liam and I to have a night hanging together- uh. How can this go down well when he hates my best friend and practically me?

                We’re left to do the horses on the yard so I ride Foxy and Tilly first. One of the grooms have ridden most of the other horses leaving us to put the horses into the stables or fields depending on the horse. Liam rides a couple of the horses before we finish up and do the feeds. We get in around half seven. I need to study but it’s not going to happen tonight. A pizza arrives at the door when I come down the stairs after having a shower.

                I stupidly only have a pair of small jamie shorts with a strappy top- thank god I put a bra on- and a pair of boot baffy things on. My hair is dry and is lying messily around my shoulders like it’s been windswept which is actually an ok sort of look or it seems to be on me tonight.

                I pull the front door open while grabbing money from the side table which Dad must have left for us. He must have ordered pizza too because neither Liam nor I did.

                “Hi.” I smile at the pizza delivery boy. As soon as I look up I regret it. He’s fit. He’s fitter than any guy than I have ever spoken to which is really unnerving for me. I know how to act around guys but I don’t know this guy even if he’s hot.

                “Hey, it’s five pounds please…” he smiles giving me a chance to hear him before he continues with, “I’m Louis.” He gives me a boyish smirk at the end. He has a really nice smile and great hair that’s just in any old place around his head but it’s stylish.

                “Sophie…”

And since when is pizza ever five pounds? It never is. It’s usually like fifteen for two and we do have two. He’s nice. And he’s a stranger?

                I’m just getting money from the pile I have in my hand when someone jogs up behind the guy and comes to me. it’s Dean and suddenly he’s wrapping his arms around me and kissing me. I push him away straight away though. I need to stop him doing this stuff and if I even so much as have a slight chance with this guy he can’t go around just kissing me whenever he feels like it.

                “Dean, seriously! Stop it! Just get in, I’ll speak to you in a bit.” I grumble so he gives a sad pout but I push him to the living room so he leaves me grudgingly behind.

                “Sorry bout him…” I smile giving the boy the money for the pizza. “And thanks.”

                “No problem…” he smiles about turning around before I place a hand on his arm.

                “Cou… could I give you my number?” I suddenly ask. I’m so unsure of myself when I ask this is comes out almost squeaky but it’s not like I’ve ever done it before but if I’m gonna be around a guy then I’m going to be around a guy that at least shows a bit of interest and doesn’t just mess with me like Dean has been.

                “What about your boyfriend?” he asks almost seeming surprised as he looks behind me and I do the same. Dean is standing glaring at Louis at the doorway to the living room.

                “Trust me, he’s not my boyfriend. I would end up killing him.” I smile after glaring at Dean. Just what is he playing at?”

                “Well, then yeah, sure.” He gives me a boyish smirk which makes his eyes pop which are lined with dark lashes.

                Grabbing a pen from the side he holds his arm out so I can write my number on it and give him a smile which he returns.