Chapter 21

Liam: Bang, bang, bang is what my head seems to be doing when I wake up. It's beating in time with my heart. And it hurts. And I'm still tired.

The clock says its three o'clock so I get up and go have a shower before going down the stairs to have a piece of toast. Lola is sitting at the dining table looking as if she's going to explode like a volcano.

After getting my toast and a glass of water I go sit down opposite her while giving her a small smile before letting my face go back to how it was, probably pain filled.

"That wasn't smart last night by the way." She says looking down at the cup she's got in her hands, she's slouched over it and glaring not attempting to hide whatever feelings she has going on. "You know, getting drunk? You have something called a twin sister. You're meant to be there for her." She says when I don't speak.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say taking a gulp of water as fear pricks through me at the mention of my sister and lack of caring for her at the party, I have a feeling she's going to tell me something bad happened that I didn't stop.

"You were drunk before we even got there Liam! And somehow she was the same! Don't you remember any of last night?" she exclaims suddenly letting her anger out, one thing is for sure, you never want to see Lola angry, she acts like a good girl and is a good girl until she gets angry and then it's a case of escaping the beast inside her. You don't want to be on the receiving end especially when it's something to do with Sophie because they're obviously best friends other than that idiot Dean.

"No, I don't, isn't that obvious? And what about my sister? What are you getting at exactly?" I almost shout back, the only thing stopping me is the fact that if Sophie was to find out I shouted at Lola she would kill me.

"Lola, why don't you go for a ride or something? Go calm down." My Dad says coming into the kitchen to see Lola who is now glaring at me. "I'll tell him and you need to be calm for when Sophie gets back."

"Tell me what exactly? Dad, what's going on? Where is Sophie?" I ask looking at Dad with what is probably a confused looking face.

"Dean took her to the police station to make a statement." He says sitting down opposite me at the old wooden table. "She was, well, there's no easy way to tell you..." he's stalling, I know what he's like when he's stalling and he is big time.

"She was raped at the party, by someone called Louis." As soon as I hear the words I don't hear anything else he says. I know he's speaking because I can see his mouth moving but I can't hear what.

This is all my fault. But Dean seems like a better person to blame because he said he would go for her, to stop anything stupid happening therefore it is his fault.

"What about you, where were you when this happened?" I hear Dad say, being pulled out of my thoughts when he asks me this.

"What about me? I drank because I knew Dean wasn't!" I exclaim, I know he's never blamed Dean on killing my Mum but I do believe it was him, nobody can tell me otherwise. "He's the cause of everything! He was there he could have stopped it just like Lola could have but no, she woulda been too busy being a good girl to do that?!"

"That's not fair on either of them Liam, Dean couldn't get away from a girl who threw herself at him and Lola thought she went to the toilet! You can't just blame it on other people when she's your sister and therefore it's your responsibility!" he retorts as I hear the front door open. I'm gonna guess that it's Dean and Sophie so when I turn and face them I glare at him.

"This is all your fault! All you ever do is cause trouble, something always happens when you're around! I hate you for killing Mum and now, you let this happen, I hate you! You were meant to be there for her so what the hell happened?" I know I'm shouting but I can't help it. She's my sister and with that thought, I look at her. She's cowering into Dean's side glaring at me through glassy looking eyes trying to hide the tears.

I can feel both my heart and her heart breaking right now. It's not just the whole thing of being an overprotective brother but because she's my twin. She is MY twin and I should have stopped it but that's not going to stop me from blaming it on him because he's an easy target. He's the easiest person to blame for this wither it was his fault or not.

"I don't need you to tell me that, don't you think I already know?" Dean snaps looking at me as he takes a step from Sophie who literally starts to shake without his arm around her, great, now he's making me feel bad, just what I need...

Sophie:he takes a step away from me and says "I don't need you to tell me that, don't you think I already know?"

Wow. He let it out. He usually lets things bubble up inside him and then has a building anger which usually comes out on either me or Liam, mostly Liam though. At least I can normally handle when he snaps not that I feel like I can now.

I'm shaking again, I don't know how or when I started but all I know is that it took ages to stop earlier.

"NO, I don't think you do know! Or else she wouldn't be in the state she is now." My brother replies hotly, his eyes are fixed on Dean's.

"I DO though!" Dean practically screams, ok, I think this anger has been held back for too long now. "I know I'm not good enough for her, heck, I've realised that in the last couple of weeks! She doesn't need me, she shouldn't need me. I know I'm just some jerky guy that doesn't deserve her. She's too beautiful and smart and geeky and amazing and funny and sporty and everything else I don't deserve. And now this has happened and, and..."

When he stops I know he's hiding something from me. He has the tone of voice he usually does when he has a big secret that he doesn't want to let out because he thinks it's either the wrong time to tell people or just that he isn't ready to say it aloud.

"And what Dean? And what? Seems to me that you've hit rock bottom or something and you're dragging MY sister with you and that's something you're not allowed to do! No guy gets to hurt her and this last week it's happened more than it should have!" Liam stops and looks at me for a second. "And now she's been bloody raped and what was the reason? Oh yeah, because you didn't stop it! You've hurt her way to much, you never saw what she was like at the start of the week. She was a mess, she can barely cope without being able to speak to you and that's all your fault because you never could let her go, you have some sort of claim on her, some imaginable chain that keeps her locked to you, as if she's never allowed to leave and it's not fair on her and it's not getting to happen, you don't get to do what you did this week again. I won't let her see you kiss another girl when you kissed her all of a day before, I won't let you stop her chances with other guys, that is if she lets another guy anywhere near her again after this and I certainly won't let her fall for you!"

I plead with his to stop, for his to stop saying all this stuff because it makes me cry even more.

"You, you kissed her? And then another girl?" my Dad suddenly says trying to hide his temper but it's showing and I haven't ever seen him look so angry and upset and pissed off all at the same point.

"It wasn't like that! Stacey threw herself at me and we did talk about that and moved on from it, it's all over." Dean says trying to make it better but I know he's just not helping himself any.

"You're right, it is all over, as far as I'm aware and I want this to be clear, I do not want you in this house again, you can come and help on the yard because clearly, you ride and have a horse but apart from that, you are not allowed here, you's both got that?" Dad says glaring at both Dean and me.

"NO! You can't do that Dad, it's not fair!" I almost squeal when he gives me the chance to talk. He's got this whole scary thing going on and it's making me shake even more, I know it's stupid to be freaking out over my own Dad shouting at me but I feel small and weak with his shouting right now, it's making me feel worthless and as if he doesn't care and that nobody ever will. Even Liam has his whole 'don't mess with me' look on and clearly, that is making me feel the same.

"YES, I CAN! Now, what did the police say?" he says but he's went too far, his voice is low like what His was and that's when I turn on my heel and leave the house at a run with Dean following before I'm in his arms. A single tear falls down my cheek and then I've started. I don't know if I'll be able to stop, not without Dean with me, not without him to actually make me feel normal again because going by the now he's the only person that hasn't reminded me of Him in some way or another, well, apart from blaming himself. I need him.