Chapter 28

"How could you two be so stupid? I can understand why Sophie would go for him but you two know you's should be at least trying to hold it back!" my Dad scolds Dean and Liam who are sitting on their chairs with their legs wrapped around the chair legs and with their heads down like a puppy would be when getting scolded for being in at the dirty socks- Dean, if he didn't already seem like a puppy before I'm pretty convinced he is one now. But anyway, their heads are down, eyes both traced on the ground but a hint of a smile on their faces from the side like primary school kids.

If it wasn't for the fact that I can feel how Liam feels, I would keep the smirk off my face but it's really, really hard with them like they are. It's obvious that they have a hint of a smile because they broke the rules and because this is ridiculous, Dad is in front of us pacing in between the two of them with Mrs Prim and Dean's Mum Christina standing behind the desk- Dad was standing at the side next to them before he started to have little rant at them.

"Sorry but he doesn't get to wind her up! And when he threw her down that blew it for me, no guy gets to treat her like that, I was only sticking up for her!" Dean explains in a moany voice before looking up trying to hide a small smirk, I know it's only because of my Dads facial expression and his voice but at least it beats him being ready to fly off the handle because of Louis.

"He wouldn't throw her on the ground, he might have done stuff before but come on, that was where nobody could see, there is no way he'd do something like that when there was so many people there!" Dad is almost shouting now making me cower back into the back of my seat.

"How do you explain her head needing stitches Dad? It wasn't either of us!" Liam says glaring up at Dad, so much anger is flaring through him that it goes straight to me.

"Did he honestly throw her down?" he says after a few minutes of salience, almost afraid to hear the answer going by the protective father look he gives to me.

"Yes, he did." I speak up looking up at him through my eyelashes in an attempt to try and calm the situation down at least a little bit.

"Either way, you's shouldn't have done anything. He might not have been punished but violence isn't the answer, whether you's love her or not. It hasn't solved anything for any of you, you's got that?" Christina says with a glare mainly at her son when she says they love me.

What on earth is going on? Dean gives her a look to shut her up just like he did earlier when it was him and Ellen sharing a look. I still can't read the expression on his face which doesn't help any but I leave it when they start nodding in agreement.

"We're truly sorry." Dean says almost at the exact same time as Liam says it which makes the pair of them laugh, this is so weird to see them two getting on. They share a look which sets them off again so I give a small smile, it's nice to see them getting on, they haven't for over two years now so this is like a break from the arguing, maybe Liam is starting to come to terms that it wasn't Dean's fault our Mum died, that would be an incredibly good thing for him to admit because it's getting beyond stupid now.

"Well, at least we have two slightly less grumpy teenagers now..." Mrs Prim says with a small tight lipped smile while scraping her hair out of her face and eyes to put it behind her ear revealing her perfectly white toothed smile at how the boys are getting along to both my surprise and everyone else's they don't disagree with each other, both of them looking slightly confused as to why the other hasn't made a snide comment about it. To be honest, I'm surprised neither of them have said anything but my guess is that they'll be fighting like cat and dog by the end of the day.

"So, can we go now?" Liam asks after a few seconds of an awkward silence.

"Yes but you two boys are on detention for a week you got that?" Mrs Prim says with a grim smile, somehow I seem to get the impression that it should be more of a punishment going by her scrunched up face.

"Oh the joys..." Liam mutters getting up with Dean and I while taking my hand to lead me through the door in only a way that can be described as a brotherly way and thing to do. One thing is for sure, I'm glad he's okay with me after the other day when I ran away from the house with Dean because I don't know what'd I'd do without him.