Chapter 26

"Are you sure you're ready to go back to school?" Dean asks for what seems like the millionth time. His eyes are scrunched up in a way that convinces me that I am because I have him. He's so concerned that it's almost annoying even though I know he's just looking out for me. To know that I'll have him with me for every step of the day makes me feel okay about this when I really shouldn't be. I've only been around him and his Mum, no other guys- obviously my Dad and Liam but I haven't seen them since Wednesday night- so neither of us really know how I'm going to react to this.

I'd like to think I'm going to be fine but when what happened, happened I don't honestly know how this will hit me. I will either be fine or I will panic. And certainly don't think it'll be fine that's for sure. But then as soon as I'm taking a look up and into Dean's perfect brown eyes I'm determined that I'm fine because he has such a calming effect on me.

"Soph?" he asks when I don't answer immediately, taking too long to answer him for him to be happy to agree to this.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'll be okay..." I say almost unsure which must not help but either way I walk past him to the stairs to go to the front door where I pick up my bag which Liam brought down after the film finished last night with all my school stuff in it. He didn't look happy that I was still here but he's getting over the fact that I'd rather have my best friend than my brother. I wish he would just see it helps to have Dean because he doesn't make it easy for me to be around him.

"Soph... Sophie! Wait up!" he shouts after me before thumping of feet can be heard coming down the stairs for him to then join me with his bag on his bag.

"What now?" I moan in a whiny voice which cracks a smile from him at a glimpse of a complete old me, too bad it won't be staying all the time since this is the new me.

"You don't sound too sure Sophie and you need to be. If you're not ready everyone will completely agree with you. We won't hold it against you, it's your choice." He smiles weakly running a hand through his dark brown hair while his other one takes mine, completely drowning it. His hand is massive in a long gangly way and his fingers wrap around mine easily as he holds my hand giving it a light reassuring squeeze.

"I am, I'll be fine. We have most classes together today anyway." I say opening the door with my free hand to pull him out of it, taking an agonisingly slow step out to the concrete step, a step out into the big real world where I can quite easily be hurt again like that night two weeks ago.

"Yes, we do. That's a good thing too." He says stepping out of the door behind me to close the door so we can head to his car- which he thankfully said he'd drive so it's easier for me and Dean being Dean is just the best to even suggest it in the first place.

So as soon as school ground is under my feet and I'm breathing in the air I'm panicking just a tad. So maybe more than a tad but I've gotta suck it up. Even with Dean's hand in mine and his arm around me in a supportive and protective way it doesn't help me any and it usually would help me wonders.

"You're gonna be ok Babe. Do you really think I'm going to let anything happen to you again?" he says reassuringly going to stand in front of me blocking my view of everything and everyone anywhere near us.

"What if you're not with me?" my voice comes out shaky and venerable and totally showing that I'm not ready for this.

"Then you'll be with Liam or with Lola, we're not going to leave you alone." He says almost growling and I can totally understand why but in the same way I don't get it, I don't know why he's so determined to want me to be safe and with him, it's not like I'm worth anything but if I say that to him he really will go mental because he would totally disagree with me.

"What if he's here?" I ask slowly, I don't want to wind him up, really I don't but I kind of need to ask someone and I'd rather it's him and not Liam or Lola because he will understand it a little more.

"If he's here there is no way in hell that he is going to get anywhere near you because I won't let him. It's a wonder he's still got a head, seriously, if you see him when I'm with you or not find Lola coz I honestly don't know what will happen if I do see him." He says and going by his voice he's being totally serious. I guess he's just like an older brother to me but obviously not when I still like him because that's like friend zoning him when that's not what I'm doing but I guess I have resigned myself off guys but then it's Dean. Who knows what will happen when Dean and I are left together with each other for a while- alone. Give us a few months and who knows what will happen.

"Sorry." I mumble before throwing my arms around his shoulders because it's honestly what I need although I think I'm lifting me into school would honestly be better because I don't think I can walk into the building.

"Don't be. Now, are we going in or are we going home, I'm fine with either. If you think you're not ready we can leave." He says as he pulls back from our embrace with his hands staying on my hips to hold me there with my arms around his shoulders and neck.

"Let's go, we need to face it sometime." I moan before pulling away from him and starting to walk with his hand very quickly finding mine so we can walk up the concrete steps to the building.

The metal front doors open up automatically with the hinged giving out light squeaks as I take a step forward towards the building that's most likely to be a hell home for the day and maybe the whole week and maybe even longer than that, who knows? But either way, I'm about to face my demons known as the whole entire boys species (other than Dean), I'm just hopping he's going to get me through this because I'm not sure I can do it.

________________________

so happy I've managed to get this uploaded, I've had 3 horses to ride all staying in different places so I've not had much time to write and when i have been I've been trying to split it up so i can get all my books up, thanks for voting and please keep voting too :)