Chapter 5 (Dean)

Dean’s POV: “That’s what I’d like to know, why are you here Dean? And what the actual hell was that?!” she practically screams facing me

“I wasn’t doing anything. I just came to get your biology and English jotter coz I skived if you remember rightly.” I reply, ok, so I know I might have went a bit far with kissing her in front of that dude but at the same point I can’t see her with anyone else, I just can’t.

“So kissing me in front of another guy when we DON’T go out and standing at the door when I give him my number is nothing now is it?” she looks like she’s hyperventilating right now for some reason. I get up and she glares at me while I show some of my anger. “And do you really think it’s going to help me when you’re ruining my only chance with other guys?”

“It’s not your only chance with another guy! And you have me, what’s so wrong with that? With me? And he looked like a prick!” I exclaim standing up so that I’m level with her, looking into her blue eyes.

“What’s wrong with you? Do you really want me to answer that?” she squeals before I nod for her to then continue. “You don’t even like me! You’re playing with my feelings and I don’t wanna be hurt by you! And as soon as another guy even so much as looks at me you make it obvious that I’m ‘taken’ when I’m not like just there! I just don’t want you to hurt me and you have the power too!”

Ok, so it’s not like I want to hurt her. I didn’t know I was hurting her, not one bit. I don’t want to hurt her and I don’t want to see her get hurt because she is my best friend.

I watch as she takes in what she just said. I don’t think she planned on saying all that. I know what she’s like when she has a rant like that because when it happens she’s so confident of herself and then after she overthinks and realises what she’s done and thinks ‘shit I shouldn’t have done that’ to herself. The emotions play on her face just like mine must do. I can’t believe she thinks that I’d hurt her though. I don’t try to, really I don’t. And the fact that she looks like she is going to cry right now is going to make me break because I hate when she cries.

“Every guy that goes past you looks at you. You have a chance with them. I don’t stop you and I don’t stop them I just technically put them off asking you out.” Ok, so that’s a lie. Everyone knows that I’ve said stuff to a few of the guys who have dared to think about asking her out. She doesn’t know but the guys do. They don’t dare because of how close we are and hate the thought of me beating them up. “And… you think I would hurt you? Do you really think that?”

That’s when she starts crying and it breaks me all because I keep her eyes caught with mine. She bites her bottom lip to try and stop the tears but it’s not working. And I hate when she bites her lip because it makes her look undoubtedly cute and all want is to kiss her right now. And what the hell is up with me? Part of me wants to comfort her and the other wants to sweep her off her feet and kiss her and makes her feel special.

“No, they don’t. And yes. I do really think that because it’s true, you do it every day. You’ll go kiss me and then act like it never happened. And I don’t want to kiss someone that doesn’t want to kiss me, that doesn’t want me for me. All I want is to be normal and have a normal relationship with all the cute things that you see in movies. I want to be able to cuddle in front of the TV and kiss anywhere and hold hands and take selfies and have a laugh, have fun. I don’t want to kiss you coz I know you won’t ever do that stuff and that you don’t like me just as much as you don’t like all that stuff.”

Ok so that’s true about what we want but still. I don’t meant to hurt her and there is this part of me that wants to chance for her and I don’t know why. And I can’t take this much longer, she’s crying as much as she cries at TFIOS as Sophie calls it or The Fault In Our Stars which makes it bad.

“You think I don… no, no, no… Sophie, you have it all wrong.” I stutter taking a step towards her. She takes one back though like I thought she would but I still need to try. I want to just slide my arms around her.

“I, I don… don’t th, think I do Dean.” She mumbles through her tears. She’s crying more now and starting to hiccup which never seems to happen with her so when it does  you know it’s going to be full on soon.

“Please don’t cry, Soph, I hate seeing you cry.” I whisper which makes her cry even more, oh god.

“Don’t Dean, just don’t.” she mumbles standing there for a few minutes looking at me before whipping around and running to her room. What now? What am I supposed to do now? There’s no way on this earth that Liam will let me go after her, no way.

I run my hands through my hair watching the stairs where Sophie just tripped up to get away from me. How could I be so stupid to even start that argument? It was so stupid.

Liam is glaring at me from the seat which he slowly gets up before glancing towards the stairs where the sound of a bang against a door comes from.

“You are such an idiot, how could you use her like that?” he spits his blue eyes glaring at me. He has blue eyes like Sophie but his are a lighter colour than hers which are nicer because they are a fuller and bluer colour and it’s just so nice and pretty and beautiful. God I’ve messed up…

“I didn’t mean to. You don’t exactly know how I feel here, heck not even I do.” I mutter placing my hands behind my head where I lean against them.

“Well you better work it out because she’s in pieces and will be until it’s fixed!” he snaps before turning around and running up the stairs leaving me to let myself out.