Chapter 16

“Well, I think that dress is amazing and you have to wear it! It’s just perfect!” Lola beams looking at me with an awe struck face. I’m standing in front of her with a baby blue dress that is tight at my bust and puffs out at my waist and stops mid-thigh. It’s got blue sparkly sequins going up the right side and it does, in my opinion, look amazing. The only thing I’m not too sure about is wither it’s too much or not but then Lola is in a tight red dress that is covered in red sparkles and usually people from our school dress like this for parties, I just don’t, I’m normally in a little longer a dress either that or in shorts or jeans with a top. Lola never dresses like how she has tonight either but we both know that it’s a big party for our school and if we turn up like we usually do the normal bitches will have something to talk about and we both hate drawing attention to ourselves.

“You’re dress makes you look amazing Lola. Right, let’s do our hair and make-up!” I smile and bounce on my feet excitedly.

“Did you invite Dean or Louis?” Lola asks as I grab my curlers from where I keep them in a pink basket next to my drawers.

“No, Dean won’t pick up and Louis, well, I’m not too sure. He might have sort have kissed me the other day when he came to the hospital and yeah, everything with both of them seems complicated.” I explain holding the curlers up to my hair which I start to curl.

“Wait, what? Does Dean know?” she gasps looking at me with her shocked face.

“Yes, he was kinda annoyed that it happened and was moaning I wasn’t happy after it happened and now he’s being like this and ignoring me so something is wrong.”

“It’s Dean, if something is bothering him he’ll tell you.” She smiles reassuringly at me so I just nod even if I know it’s not true. We all know that it isn’t true, when Dean gets bothered by something more than he normally does then he bottles it up and then he gets wound up and he snaps at anyone in the firing line and if it happens when I’m there I’m going to get all of his hatred.

When we’re ready for the party I give Dean one last chance and phone him. He answers it on the last ring. So if I didn’t know he was pissed with me before I definitely do now.

‘Hey what’d ya want?’

‘Hey, you up for a party?’

‘No, why?’

‘Coz I want you to come?’

‘Why?’

‘Stop being such an ass! Just come to the party, Liam is gonna get hammered and I need someone there that can help if I get ill coz of the meds. And we haven’t caught up in like a whole dayyyy!’

‘Right, only coz I don’t want you to get hurt but you’re not getting the whole low down on what’s going on with me.’

‘Buttt Deannn… please….’

‘But nothing, I’ll come but we’re not catching up at the party, it’s not the right place.’

‘Ok, ok, so you’ll come?’

‘Yes. I will, for you. Don’t say I’m not nice to you.’

‘Well, guess I’ll decide when I see you…’

‘Whaevvz Sophie, Whaevvz.’

‘Right, whatever you weirdo.’

‘Do you want me to come or not?’

‘YESSSsssss, be here in five minutes.’ I hang up quickly then, my head reeling. I know that if didn’t hang up he was going to argue with me for longer and we’re already running late. Liam has shouted up at us several times already and we have to leave probably the now but looks like we’re going to have to wait just a little bit longer for my besto which my bestest brother will just love.