Chapter 33

Walking into school isn't any easier today that it was yesterday. In fact, I'd say it's worse because Dean clearly isn't himself and I'm trying to hold myself together for him but it isn't working when there is so many people walking in big intimidating groups and with boys all looking at me. I can deal with Dean but that's him. That's in the safety of the house and that's when there isn't any other boys around to see me and to see me with him, with his arms around me.

I cower into Dean's side, letting his arms keep me encircled and close to him. His body is tight around me, he's trying to give me that safe feeling but right now it's making me worse or that's what I'd say.

Before I know it we're passing a group where Louis is and just at that moment Dean lets his arms fall to his sides leaving me unprotected and out in the open, in full view of him. He does look at me. His eyes assessing me, taking in the whole of my image making me cringe away from him, right behind Dean and next to my brother who was walking behind us, I cut him off his track too so I'm at the other side of him. He lets his arm slide around me, his eyes turning to face me in question before he's looking all around him.

The moment he sees Louis is shows instantly on his face. It turns to one of disgust and one that shows a threat, come near and be prepared to die. My brother's grip on me tightens as we walk past and on the other side of us Ellen stands looking at us three, her eyes trained on Dean and then flickering to me and then back, okay, I can see why he dropped his arms now. That's another reason to the ever growing list of why doesn't like me.

In one way, she's our principle so I totally get it but in the other way she is Dean's aunt but that doesn't or shouldn't have any effect because he did pull me down to sit on his knees yesterday when we were in her office so how does that even make any sense that he's suddenly going nowhere near me but it's Dean and who knows what goes on in his head sometimes?

"HIII!" a voice squeals from behind Liam pulling him down at one side making his arm come loose around me. I give a jump, startled, by the voice before turning to see who it is. It's Lola, her hair is in a tight pony tail on top of her head and her fringe is down and framing her dark eye lashed face, it looks almost the same colour as her eyes today, very dark brown because she has very temperamental hair.

"Hey." I say before Liam can jump in there and then she's stopping to go behind my brother and slop in between us so her arm is over my shoulders in a half hug sort of way.

"Great! You're in a good mood." She smiles her voice coming out a little bit more than a tad excited.

"No, she really isn't. She was fine before we left but since we got here she hasn't been and that understandable." Liam explains grabbing her free hand- do they think I'm not watching them or something?

"Aw, let's go, we can leave these two together can't we? Since they made such big improvements yesterday." Lola smiles before taking off, her arm dragging me with her like we're attached somehow by our skin.

I let Lola drag me away from the boys just as Ellen steps forwards to stop Dean from going past her... hmm, wonder that that's all about? Anyway, I let Lola take me to our regy class where we stop outside in the corridor, the light baby blue walls are inviting and calming like our regy room is.

"So, you're feeling better or not?" she asks with what seems to be a hopeful smile, her face portraying that.

"No. it might look like that and it feels like that occasionally but only around Dean and only when he's happy, like fully happy and trying to make me the same." I say training my eyes on my conversed feet and then the laces following the pattern that they are tied in.

"That's an improvement right?" she says her smile growing bigger and wider, her eyes going wide with excitement of some sort.

"Yeah but Dean isn't happy now. His Dad turned up last night and when he's not happy I'm not happy."