Chapter 14

“I’ll text you later.” Louis says standing up before leaning down to me. He puts his lips onto mine and kisses me properly full on with his tongue and then he pulls away before leaving giving me a big massive goofy grin. As soon as he’s out of the room I groan and smack my head back on the pillow and cover my face with my hands.

What the hell was that? I don’t know what to think now because there’s Dean and there’s now Louis who literally forced that on me without any choice.

And didn’t he see me and Dean before? Didn’t he see that there was something going on when he came in?

“Dean, I’m fine, stop worrying. It’s not like something is going to happen in the two seconds it take me to get out of a car.” I mutter looking at him. We’re currently sitting in the car, my hand on the door ready to get out of the car. He’s sitting staring at me with his warning of ‘don’t you dare move out of this car until I’m next to you’ look.

“But you’re head and your ribs, you aren’t fine.” He mutters just as I open the door and start to get out while holding onto my ribs as I do so.

He gets out of the car and practically runs around the car so he’s next to me.

This is the first of me being out of the hospital, it’s been three days since I went in there and the now Liam and Dad are away, Dad at work and Liam is at school. Dean is skipping school yet again for me despite being told he could wait until later so he didn’t miss any more but Dean being Dean has been by my side for the last three days straight refusing to go home for long. I don’t know how he’s managed to pull off the whole staying off for three days. It’s crazy. But he’s my best friend and he’s a crazy good best friend even if he’s weird.

“Dean, I am fine like I have been for days now.” I moan as he closes to door behind me and takes my hand leading me up the path to the house.

“Really? I’m pretty sure that Thursday night and last night you weren’t happy and that’s because of Louis.” He mutters opening the front door to the house for us so we can go in and to the big comfy sofa where I lie down on my back letting Dean slide in so my legs are over his.

“I was happy, perfectly fine.” I mumble closing my eyes settling into the sofa.

“Soph, do you think I’m that stupid that I can’t see through glass?” he asks so I raise my eyebrows keeping my eyes shut, I can’t be bothered keeping them open. “I know he kissed you before he left. After I kissed you.”

“I didn’t kiss him back and you can’t hold the kiss we had against me. it wasn’t just me and it feels like we’re like friends with benefits or something and it’s weird.” I mumble, I feel almost asleep right now, it must be the painkillers.

“Is that what the drunk Sophie really sees it as? As friends with benefits?” he says, I want to see his face but I just don’t have the energy to look.

“I’m not drunk and sort of. You have to see it from my point of view and the way I see it you kiss me for no reason, you don’t even like me, that’s… how… I, see…” and then I’m asleep, the drugs pulling me under.

I wake up to banging from around the kitchen and the stairs. Pots clatter from the kitchen area and when I open my eyes I see Dean sitting where he was before and the side of me is Liam, obviously just down the stairs.

“So you are alive, I thought you looked dead.” Liam smirks at me his dark hair is styled up and his face clear of any worry that he previously had. “I’m glad you’re not though, dead that is.”

“Thanks bro, just what I wanted to hear.” I smirk holding my arms open so he comes over and hugs me.

“Well as least you know I love you.” He smiles in a weird way ruffling my hair when he pulls away.

“And yet you touched my hair!” I moan glaring at my brother. “I hate you!”

“You love me really.” He smiles sweetly, his icy blue eyes meeting mine.

“Yeah, I love you, you weirdo.” I smirk at him starting to sit up trying to hide the pain from my ribs from Dean who is giving me a death glare and one full of worry and I think it’s to do with the conversation from earlier.

“See, we all knew it!” he says with mock giddiness. “Tea will be ready in five, I’m going to help.” He says before leaving me with the broody looking Dean. YEY, GREAT!

We sit in a stretching silence for a few moments; I look at the ground not sure what to do or where to look. I’d look at him but he would see something weird going across my face if he sees my eyes which always gives away what I’m thinking.

“I didn’t want to tell you this like this, I wanted to do something nice and fancy because I know you like that sort of stuff but I don’t see me having much more time to say this anymore…” Dean starts meanwhile looking completely overheated and embarrassed and as if he’s not sure what to say.

When he’s stopped I know there’s more but Liam shouts from the kitchen to say that tea is ready. So we get up, him taking my hand and helping me through before sitting down next to me.

“What’s up with you two? You look like you’ve swallowed a lemon and you look like you’ve confessed to a murder or declared you’re love for someone.” Dad says sitting down at a plate next to Liam and Dean, pointing at us in turn.

“What?” Dean splutters water all over himself at what my Dad says. I know he’s a weird Dad but there’s no need to choke on what he said.

“You’re such an idiot Dean.” I smirk at him as Liam grabs a dish towel that’s randomly sitting on the table and throws it to my best friend.

“I’ll say…” Liam mutters, and I thought they were getting over their hatred for one another; maybe it’s too soon for that.

____________________________________________________________________

so what are you guys thinking? comments votes please thank you :) xx and as normal, not edited